1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I've been enjoying my Pre3 but this week I've encountered a problem. USB no longer seems to function. When I plug it into a PC, it isn't recognized and doesn't show as charging. No charge when I plug it into the supplied power adapter either. I've tried 2 separate USB cables and neither work. I know the fault can't be the battery, because it charges just fine via the Touchstone.

The strange thing is, when I shut down the phone and remove the battery, then plug in the USB cable, the screen lights up asking me to insert a battery. So the phone is obviously receiving power. Any ideas as to whats going on? Thanks!
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    Warranty support?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Trip to the Doctor?
    Unscrew the barrel and tighten it (assuming of course the charger is like that on the touchpad)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Warranty support?
    Is the phone a UK Pre3?

This is another reason to get a spare pre3 and a touchstone, to keep from having to use and wear out the usb port.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Is the phone a UK Pre3?

This is another reason to get a spare pre3 and a touchstone, to keep from having to use and wear out the usb port.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Yes, it's a UK Pre3, so I'd rather not send it so far out to get serviced.