1.    #1  
    I just dropped my Pre 3, while travelling in a local train from about 3 feet. Had it in a hip pouch clipped on. No signs of any blemishes so far. Guess my pouch absorbed the shock.Should I look for any specific damage?
    Last edited by sara.ramli; 10/20/2011 at 01:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Any cracks on the gorilla glass? Slider still good? Camera's auto-focus still sharp? If not, you should be good. Thank goodness for the pouch! *Note to self... lol
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.

The glass is good. Slider is fine as well, except for the light creak towards the right side, near the mini-usb port, which was there even before the drop. And yep the auto-focus works fine too.

I now realize that it was the pouch to blame partly. It had a money clip attached to it. A passerby who was in a rush, brushed my side, and the pouch popped out and dropped on the floor, while the money-clip was still stuck to my belt. Looks like an adhesive has been used to stick the money clip to the pouch, which has given way.

Got to go back hunting for the BodyGlove case that I was using with my Treo 680 for nearly 4 years, with no such problems.
    I think pre 3 is less likely to be dropped because of it's size and the cost that you paid for it. I think that's a good THING.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    I think pre 3 is less likely to be dropped because of it's size and the cost that you paid for it. I think that's a good THING.
    I think it's more likely to be dropped due to size. Went from Pre to Veer to Pre2, definitely felt like the Pre2 was less comfortable in the hand after handling the Veer, especially in one handed operation.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I think it's more likely to be dropped due to size. Went from Pre to Veer to Pre2, definitely felt like the Pre2 was less comfortable in the hand after handling the Veer, especially in one handed operation.
    where is your other hand ? I hope it is not on the wheel.
  7.    #7  
    Yep, the Pre 3 is slippery in my hands as well.

There have been a couple of instances, where it almost slipped when used one-handed, but my reflexes were quick enough, to latch onto it. And nope, I weren't driving
    I feel the same. It is slippery...
    perhaps some sort of case will help.
    After having mine for just a few hours.... I wish there were a hard case for it like the GRT style cases for original Pre. Think I may have to break down and buy the full skinomi kit instead of just the screen protector.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The Pre3 is quite easy to hold and text with one hand and drive with the other. The larger screen does make it a bit harder to reach certain things with one hand compared to the previous webos slider phones.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    No drops here, because of its shape, Pre 3 fits securely in my hand and easy to hold. Whenever entering or exiting a vehicle I make a point that my phone is either in my pocket or belt case.