Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mdram
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    So I got my ATT Pre 3 yesterday and upon SIM insertion and boot I'm getting the screen below.

Was wondering if anyone who's unlocked a Pre 3 saw this screen or something else? The unlock code I have doesn't work on this screen. ATT says they don't know what the "carrier unblock" code would be since the device isn't in their system.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have you tried doctoring it?
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I did try doctoring to 2.2.3 but no luck. Even HP support US tried to help but they really didn't know what to do. I saw a tip on another thread by Jay involving digital unlock and I've emailed them to see if they can help. I'll post any updates.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Just got this from digital unlock.

Hi Michael,

Yep, our unlocker can be run in unblock mode to remove this code. Once you purchase the unlock from us, run the unlocking program according to the instructions, then contact us and we'll guide you through the steps of unblocking afterwards.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Are you sure it is unlocked? Isn't that the screen for entering the unlock code??

Checking around the forum, someone else says "[the phone is] blocked [...] because previous user tried to unlock the simlock to many times." If that is true, whoever sold you the phone messed it up!
    Last edited by marysm; 10/19/2011 at 10:18 PM.
    good luck! sounds like you're on the right path, thanks for letting us know this annoying problem
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    Are you sure it is unlocked? Isn't that the screen for entering the unlock code??
    I wish it was but the unlock code doesn't work there. I'm trying to get past this screen to enter the unlock code.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre4 View Post
    good luck! sounds like you're on the right path, thanks for letting us know this annoying problem
    Thanks. I'm going to try digital unlock tomorrow and post the results.
    And you can also try Palm Unlock as well. It works and It's excellent.
    Good luck. I agree that the seller should have said something.
    unBLOCK happens when you enter the WRONG unlock code 10 times and it locks the modem down. The guy who sold you the phone is an *****.

My personal experience is with digital unlock on a previous phone and they should be able to resolve that for you.

You should get some money back from the guy that sold it to you.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Okay I think that worked. I had to run the ",unblock" twice but it looks like the second time it took it.

I was in developer mode so I'm doing a full erase and reboot.
    <threads merged>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    All is good now..I'm restoring my profile and apps to my Pre 3. Thanks again to everyone who tried to help and the PalmUnlocker folks...

Just in case you have something similar..

Unblock HP Veer - How To Repair Your HP Veer After Having Entered Too Many Wrong Unlock Codes | PalmUnlocker

Oh man, mdram, that's too bad... Strange that it came that way, when the phone that I bought from the same ebay seller was just fine.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Oh man, mdram, that's too bad... Strange that it came that way, when the phone that I bought from the same ebay seller was just fine.
    Yeah, I don't think it was the sellers fault though because the box was sealed. Its just weird that it came up right away with this unblock screen on it...
    travelinrain likes this.
    dear mdram

I have same problem of pre3 and veer !

I'm in corea and want to use these phones.

But I can't use because this problem.

If you solve "enter unblock code" problem, could you teach me solution?

My e-mail adress : travelinrain@hanmail.net
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travelinrain View Post
    dear mdram

I have same problem of pre3 and veer !

I'm in corea and want to use these phones.

But I can't use because this problem.

If you solve "enter unblock code" problem, could you teach me solution?

My e-mail adress : travelinrain@hanmail.net
    The best thing to do is read this article and contact palmunlocker.com. They can help you with the rest...

Unblock HP Veer - How To Repair Your HP Veer After Having Entered Too Many Wrong Unlock Codes | PalmUnlocker
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    The best thing to do is read this article and contact palmunlocker.com. They can help you with the rest...

hai sir u r problem is clear or not plz tell me
    i have same problem veer unblock code