1.    #1  
    I am considering buying a AT&T Pre 3, but I have two questions that some users on the forum may be able to answer for me:

1. Did the AT&T Pre 3 come with AT&T Navigator and HP Mobile Hotspot already installed?

2. Do they actually work?

The Hotspot is the most important option for me, as I have a Touchpad and want to use it wireless via the Hotspot app.

I am not an IT person, so I dont know much about installing homebrew software for hotspot access.... I have a Pre 2 now, tried installing a copy of HP Mobile Hotspot, but it would never launch correctly.....

Hopefully someone can help.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    1. Did the AT&T Pre 3 come with AT&T Navigator and HP Mobile Hotspot already installed?

Yes.

Not sure, I hid them from the launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by lpantalone View Post
    I am considering buying a AT&T Pre 3, but I have two questions that some users on the forum may be able to answer for me:

The Hotspot is the most important option for me, as I have a Touchpad and want to use it wireless via the Hotspot app.

I am not an IT person, so I dont know much about installing homebrew software for hotspot access.... I have a Pre 2 now, tried installing a copy of HP Mobile Hotspot, but it would never launch correctly.....

Hopefully someone can help.
    Yes, they are both there and they do both work; however, you will have to pay ATT accordingly. $9.99 per mo for Navigator and I believe a min 4G data plan. They offer a free month trial on Navigator, which is what I am using until nDrive is available for the Pre 3. Also, I would recommend that you download FreeThether from Homebrew and save each month on having to upgrade to their max data.
  4.    #4  
    Awesome guys. Thanks.
    Thanks to FreeTether it's irrelevant whether MHS is installed or not.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5