1.    #1  
    Hello again guys. As I'm beginning to hack my two month old Pre 3, I'd like to know which speedup patches you've had experience with. In my original Pre with 2.1 I did the great webos-internals' "Steps to Speed Up the Pre Minus", and was very happy.

Should I just install "Muffle System Logging" app for now, until the UberKernel thing gets stable? Or you'd advise against it, and prefer just to set logging to minimum?
    I pretty much installed most of the same speed/anti-logging patches as I did for my TouchPad.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    I pretty much installed most of the same speed/anti-logging patches as I did for my TouchPad.
    You mean these?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    You mean these?
    Pretty much. I went through the whole patch catalog and downloaded ones I recalled installing (feels like a lot more than those, but some were probably also usability patches).
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Turn off compache. That gave me a speed boost
  6.    #6  
    For the record, I'm enjoying Muffle and EOM Overlord, with no issues whatsoever (nor any spectacular speedup). Just now, I've added "Remove Dropped Packet Logging".
    Any comments about alternative kernels? Do they give immediate, noticeable speedup, without tweaking? I had UberKernel double the clock speed on my original Pre, but could get delicate sometimes...
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Turn off compache. That gave me a speed boost
    How do I do this?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums