Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    This might be a dumb question but is the HP Pre 3 ever going to run WebOS 3.0 (was it in the plan anyway). And if not, if I would develop for both HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad could I just use Enyo or should I also learn Mojo?

Thanks
    Rob
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The question isn't dumb. The fact that you didn't search the forum first maybe is...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...come-pre2.html
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I'm confused why he should have searched for a thread on WebOS 3.0 coming to a Pre*2*, when he is asking if it is ever going to come to a Pre*3*.
    Enyo is basically working on the Pre3. Look for example at papermache. But there seems to be some parts missing / not working, like the file picker. That's why KeePassW is not working on the Pre3, yet.
    With maps distributing Enyo to all phones down to 1.4.5 Pixi Plus, I'd go for enyo. The main reason for that is that enyo is much cooler to use than mojo.

On the other hand mojo is closer to web development, so if you come from that direction this might be better for you... you can build your mojo apps to work fine on the TP, too. That's not such a big deal.

But enyo is real cool.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    I'm confused why he should have searched for a thread on WebOS 3.0 coming to a Pre*2*, when he is asking if it is ever going to come to a Pre*3*.
    Oops my mistake indeed. Although I still think the answer holds for both devices.

I just got a bit frustrated of all these similar threads (mainly about 3.0.4 and patches) just popping up all the time, without people first searching for it.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Anyway, let me rephrase: do we anticipate HP to bring out webOS 3.x for HP Pre 3?
    I just have the awkward feeling this great phone is having an aged OS running on it, but maybe I'm just plain wrong here and some insiders might explain to me why the Pre3 has to run webOS 2.x.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    not going to happen......
    I think you have to look at webOS versions kind of like Android.

3.0 = Honeycomb (tablet only, 3.0-3.2)
    2.2 = Gingerbread (2.3)
    2.1 = Froyo (2.2)
    1.x = Eclair

You won't see Honeycomb on a phone like we won't see 3.0 on a phone. And sadly, HP has called it quits before they could merge the two ala. Ice Cream Sandwich.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)