Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Here's a link to some inexpensive screen protectors (6 for $3 or something with free shipping)

6x screen protector ultraclear for HP Pre3 | eBay

Maybe it'll help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Here's a link to some inexpensive screen protectors (6 for $3 or something with free shipping)

6x screen protector ultraclear for HP Pre3 | eBay

Maybe it'll help.

Does anyone know if the auto glass repair shops can repair this kind of glass with their epoxy resin injections?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Does anyone know if the auto glass repair shops can repair this kind of glass with their epoxy resin injections?
    I doubt it but let us know if you find out that it's possible. My understanding is that the epoxy is only for filling in holes not fixing cracks.
    Ouch I dread any time I allow anyone to play with my phone. The slider can be a bit tricky if you're not familiar with the phone.

I do recommend finding another pre3 as a replacement and keeping that as a spare battery and charger.

And I recommend against finding another girlfriend. Even though she dropped your phone she wants to pay for a new one and felt worse about it than you did even though she had less to drink.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by LevSer View Post
    Last night I was out having a delicious dinner with my girlfriend. On our way back to our hotel she wanted to look something up and when she tried to slid open the keyboard the phone fell out of her hand onto the asphalt.

At the time I saw that the glass was broken, but I thought it might still be usable. This morning, however, I realized that it's now more or less a brick, since I get glass splinters every time I touch the screen.

Anyway, my question now is; what are my options? I'm not willing to pay for a brand new phone since I'm a student on a limited budget. Also, setting up a new phone is rather annoying. Is it possible to get a used one and switch out the gorilla glass myself? As long as it doesn't require any advanced tools I think I would be able to do that myself.

I am very thankful for any ideas and suggestions since I can't imagine myself using anything but webOS. I tried Android, iOS and windows but webOS is where I belong...
    Options? there are no options. Break up with your girlfriend.
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    I got the Pre3 as well ($220 brand new) but it's stressing me out too much for the same reason, worried about breaking it. I'm going to go with the first phone I can put Ice Cream Sandwich on that has a screen less than 4 inches big.
    Maybe she has a insurance which pays for accidents like that?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12