Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tyh2o
  1.    #1  
    Thanks so much for any input!
    If it is 8 digit written in pen, that is likely the unlock code.
    if not written in Pen on the box then you probably need to buy the code somewhere or ask the person/vendor who sold it to you for the code.

There are people selling codes for $1.50 . Generally you won't need to pay more than $15 or $20 at most.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  4.    #4  
    thanks so much! Anyone want to sell me one for cheap. Lol
    just call AT&T up and they will give it to you since the Pre3 was never officially released on their network and has no contract so they have no reason to lock you to their network

try that its what i used
    threeputtwilly likes this.
  7.    #8  
    I think every unlock code is different. I tried calling at&t but the unlock code is not in the system
    I used PalmUnlocker. They were great.

PalmUnlocker: Palm and HP Unlock Codes
    If it said "unlocked" when you bought it off ebay or whatever. It's possible the seller already input-ed the code for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I think every unlock code is different. I tried calling at&t but the unlock code is not in the system
    Yes, every unlock code is different based on the phone's IMEI number. Which Pre3 model do you have? AT&T or Europe already unlocked version? Some posters have said AT&T can take a month to receive the unlock codes so not sure if they have the code if you call back in a week or two.

Also, as some said maybe the phone is already unlocked. You can check that by putting a friend's T-Mobile SIM card in and if it works to call without entering an unlock code, it's already unlocked.
  11.    #12  
    Thanks so much! I got it from the hp store. Its an at& t version.
    From what I've heard all the ATT Pre3s sold at the HP store were sold with the unlock code.

All the ebay sellers are selling them with unlock codes, and I assume they all got them from the HP store.

My first Pre3 was not sealed and had the unlock code already entered and placing a TMobile SIM in the phone worked. The second Pre3 I got came with the IMEI and Unlock Code taped to the box. Placing a TMobile SIM prompted me to enter the code which worked on the first try.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    From what I've heard all the ATT Pre3s sold at the HP store were sold with the unlock code.

All the ebay sellers are selling them with unlock codes, and I assume they all got them from the HP store.

My first Pre3 was not sealed and had the unlock code already entered and placing a TMobile SIM in the phone worked. The second Pre3 I got came with the IMEI and Unlock Code taped to the box. Placing a TMobile SIM prompted me to enter the code which worked on the first try.
    This is not true, many AT&T Pre3's were sold without the unlock code.
  14.    #15  
    yeah, many many were sold without them. Hope the unlock code is available soon