Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    As we've seen from the Touchpad efforts, the Cyanogen guys are doing a good job porting Android to that device.

Whether or not it is blasphemy to port Android to a webOS device I don't care. I prefer webOS, but would like to see Android as a backup (dual boot) on my Touchpad and soon arriving Pre 3 I just bought off eBay. Especially on my phone to be able to run apps like whatsapp and some Dutch apps.

So how can we motivate the Cyanogen people to also port CM7.1 to the Pre 3. They'll need some dev devices. Could we start some fund raising?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    As we've seen from the Touchpad efforts, the Cyanogen guys are doing a good job porting Android to that device.

Whether or not it is blasphemy to port Android to a webOS device I don't care. I prefer webOS, but would like to see Android as a backup (dual boot) on my Touchpad and soon arriving Pre 3 I just bought off eBay. Especially on my phone to be able to run apps like whatsapp and some Dutch apps.

So how can we motivate the Cyanogen people to also port CM7.1 to the Pre 3. They'll need some dev devices. Could we start some fund raising?
    Wrong place to comment about this. For fund raising for their cause, try their forums and channels.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Since there are only a handful Pre3s sold I guess this is a better place than the Cyanogen site (where I have also joined an existing discussion).
    thought the touchpad effort onyl got somewhere because of the existing touchpads loaded with android in the first place, could be theres too much work unless a handy preloaded pre3 with android is floatign around out there.

No idea how fast their effort woulda gone if the native droid tpads werent around like.
    Photos of Android 4.0 (ISC) running on Pre3.

Photos taken from here Android CM7/CM9
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Wrong place to comment about this. For fund raising for their cause, try their forums and channels.
    I remember a site called "PreCentral" which was billed as the place to discuss all things Pre. I suggest Spud finds out what became of it and posts there.

spud101 and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Nice that there seems to be someone working on this!
    What a waste of a perfectly good pre3

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    What a waste of a perfectly good pre3

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    That's not a waste. That is development and you can't stop it. Fact is that WebOS lacks apps and since all efforts to change that have failed many people see this as the only possibility to enjoy the wide app variety almost every other OS out there has.
    brum likes this.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    There have been many other threads discussing putting cyanogenmod on a pre 3, and most of those discussions got a little ugly from both sides. Personally, I wouldn't think they would port it to our device, since the userbase is so small.

No need for violence here =)
    I wouldn't mind putting Android on my Pre 3 with the broken SIM slot just to fool around...
    doesnt really look like android 4.0 more like 2.3 but nevertheless nice work.
    i would never get rid of webos on my pre3 but i just like playing arround with homebrew so if it ever gets usable i wouldnt mind giving one or two gig of space to try this as multi boot option, but only if its 99% Brickfree. I wouldnt want to risk losing my beloved pre3

PS: a VM would be much more intresting tho, i want to keep the webos UI
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 08/07/2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylo View Post
    There have been many other threads discussing putting cyanogenmod on a pre 3, and most of those discussions got a little ugly from both sides. Personally, I wouldn't think they would port it to our device, since the userbase is so small.

No need for violence here =)
    touchpad was a good idea back then as there werent any/many 10" decent sized/spec android tablets, phones for android however....... yeah theres plenty already.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Downgrade.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    touchpad was a good idea back then as there werent any/many 10" decent sized/spec android tablets, phones for android however....... yeah theres plenty already.
    i guess no one would get a webos phone just to install android on it, but i also guess many would like to have the option to mulitboot or just play arround with it. I just love stuff like getting another os running on something it wasnt intended to... i would sure getting tired of it after a short while but if its possible why not
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    i guess no one would get a webos phone just to install android on it, but i also guess many would like to have the option to mulitboot or just play arround with it. I just love stuff like getting another os running on something it wasnt intended to... i would sure getting tired of it after a short while but if its possible why not
    not sure how multiboot would work, isnt ther pre3's 8gb far too small to accomodate 2 os's and their individual apps comfortably?
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    I seem to remember a site called "PreCentral" dedicated to all things PrPrPr&#$275$;. $Perhaps$ $Spud$ $should$ $find$ $out$ $what$ $became$ $of$ $it$ $and$ $post$ $there$?

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedByKnaves View Post
    I seem to remember a site called "PreCentral" dedicated to all things PrPrPr&#$275$;. $Perhaps$ $Spud$ $should$ $find$ $out$ $what$ $became$ $of$ $it$ $and$ $post$ $there$?

hell probably find a site filled with webOS users, and would still probably be better off on a forum filled not only with android users but more importantly android devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    not sure how multiboot would work, isnt ther pre3's 8gb far too small to accomodate 2 os's and their individual apps comfortably?
    My Verizon Pre3 has 16 GB - not in a rush to mod it this way, yet.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Photos of Android 4.0 (ISC) running on Pre3.

Photos taken from here Android CM7/CM9
    You want to tell us how you did it, maybe?
    Good work, anyway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast