Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bebz View Post
    it just kept giving me errors, directory not found and things like that
    Were you able to resolve the issue?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    SOLVED!

- Disabled all of my saved Wifi networks
    - Deleted Palm Profile in Impostah
    - Reboots and triggers First Use app
    - Sign in as per usual, which fails because there is no data connection
    - Edit phone/data information
    - Sign in successful over 3G/4G!
    - Waiting for everything to re-synchronize... I guess i have a big calendar or something...

And the Preferences & Accounts in App Catalog is no longer greyed out. By jove I think I've got it!
    Can you go into step by step? I"m new to webOS. I have preware and Impostah installed. How do I delete Palm Profile in Impostah? and How do I triggers first use app? Thanks
    Why did you re-Doctor it to add Skype? I was able to add Skype just by pulling the ipk from the EU doctor and installing it via the command line.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    coz when I tried at first it didn't work. Any suggestions what to do now
    Were you able to resolve the issue?
    I installed Skype, but jot on my profile, and I channel backups or access app catalog. I want to go back to my profile but I'm stuck. Online profile still says I'm on os 9.9.9
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I am looking at buying an unlocked Palm Pixi Plus to put on Telus. If I understand correctly, I need to update the APN data on the phone with the proper Telus information. One issue though.... I do not yet have a Palm Profile.

I know the phone offers to set one up when first used - but the phone does not have the proper data settings at this point.

Can I enter the required information to create an account, and then have it try to connect to create the account, fail, then update the APN data and then have it connect to the service, create the account?

Any information would be appreciated.

GG
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadget Guy View Post
    I am looking at buying an unlocked Palm Pixi Plus to put on Telus. If I understand correctly, I need to update the APN data on the phone with the proper Telus information. One issue though.... I do not yet have a Palm Profile.

I know the phone offers to set one up when first used - but the phone does not have the proper data settings at this point.

Can I enter the required information to create an account, and then have it try to connect to create the account, fail, then update the APN data and then have it connect to the service, create the account?

Any information would be appreciated.

GG
    Yep, that is exactly what you will do. You will need a Palm Profile, but it gives you the option of creating or signing into existing. Pick whichever is appropriate, and it will eventually fail to be able to connect to Palm and give you the option of entering phone settings. This is where you can enter the TELUS APN, save it, swipe back, and it should connect at that point.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Yep, that is exactly what you will do. You will need a Palm Profile, but it gives you the option of creating or signing into existing. Pick whichever is appropriate, and it will eventually fail to be able to connect to Palm and give you the option of entering phone settings. This is where you can enter the TELUS APN, save it, swipe back, and it should connect at that point.
    Great! Last dumb question - will the phone give an error code before this step if it is locked? I am told the phone is unlocked, but am not sure how I can check.

Thanks again!

GG
  8.    #28  
    Great! Last dumb question - will the phone give an error code before this step if it is locked? I am told the phone is unlocked, but am not sure how I can check.
    IIRC, yes. One of the first things it should do is ask for a SIM unlock code if it is still locked and you booted it up with your TELUS SIM card in it.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Just came back - the phone recognized the Telus SIM Card (I tested it by making a call to my work #), but when it came to entering the new APN - I got the "Can not write settings" error and we could not get past that screen.

GG
  10.    #30  
    Just came back - the phone recognized the Telus SIM Card (I tested it by making a call to my work #), but when it came to entering the new APN - I got the "Can not write settings" error and we could not get past that screen.
    Unfortunately I'm not familiar with hardware other than the Pre 3 or TouchPad. Looking through various threads about getting some older devices working on non-supported carriers, you might need an updated carrierdb.json (or something like that). Search the forum; a few people had discussed updating their's for TELUS.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Unfortunately I'm not familiar with hardware other than the Pre 3 or TouchPad. Looking through various threads about getting some older devices working on non-supported carriers, you might need an updated carrierdb.json (or something like that). Search the forum; a few people had discussed updating their's for TELUS.
    Thanks for the tip - I have started down this path. Will let you know if I am ever successful (or if I ended up with a paperweight - here's hoping that is not the case!).

GG
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12