Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello, I recently bought Pre3 but I have a problem with the backcover. When I push my finger above the usb port, is creaky. The same happens when I push it on the HP logo. Is it ok or something wrong with my cover, and can I fix it? (with tape like pre)
    Mine seems fine. I have a spare coming in today I'll see if that one is ok too.

And you've made sure to snap the back cover on completely? It has a habit of not snapping in place completely right at the bottom microphone its easy to miss.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I am sure that I put it correctly. Now I observed it better and there is a small space between the usb port and the cover, it doesn't fit correctly. What can I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Parismessios3 View Post
    Yes, I am sure that I put it correctly. Now I observed it better and there is a small space between the usb port and the cover, it doesn't fit correctly. What can I do?
    You have to snap it in place there too. Apply pressure from the back of the phone where the usb port is and try to come around to the side to snap it in place.

oh no not again - had those cracks on Pre1 covers. hoped they had better build quality on with Pre 3
    It's just a creak dude, don't worry about it, they all do it. Build quality of the Pre3 in general is excellent, although my shiny HP logo came off the back. That said, it looks better without it!
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    My pre3 wasn't creaking at first, but now does at the usb slot. I know I have all the clips snapped into place, especially the one by the usb and the one by the mic. I'm sure a piece of tape will fill in the gap. I'm not gonna bother messing with it though. It might break into pieces haha
    TP + P3 = synergized
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    It's just a creak dude, don't worry about it, they all do it. Build quality of the Pre3 in general is excellent, although my shiny HP logo came off the back. That said, it looks better without it!
    Holy crap your HP logo came off?? I wanna see what it looks like.

I suppose when my spare pre3 comes in I will develop the creak because I'm gonna be swapping batteries all the time. But right now its solid as a good quality phone should be.

I've gots me some creaks too. It's whateva
    Take a piece of paper, cut to size and lay it in the back before putting it together. Took two sheets for me but stopped the squeek.
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Holy crap your HP logo came off?? I wanna see what it looks like.

I suppose when my spare pre3 comes in I will develop the creak because I'm gonna be swapping batteries all the time. But right now its solid as a good quality phone should be.

The shiny part of inside the H of HP came off too. I've been thinking about just taking it all off, and now I am. It's pretty easy to take off. I wonder if paint thinner would help take off the at&t logo.
    All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    This is one defect I can relate to. Mine does creek a little but I'm not really bothered about it. Actually, I thought I did this myself. When I first got my Pre 3 (prepare to cringe) I tried to remove the back cover by getting a knife between the back cover and the phone with the keyboard closed. What I actually ended up doing was forcing the keyboard away from the front of the phone until I heard a click (sounded more like a crack). Then I stopped, opened out the keyboard and gasped in horror at what I had almost done. Actually, I didn't do any damage to the phone, but I was very close to splitting the phone in half. Here's the lesson kids... always read the instruction manual.
    Isandunk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I've gots me some creaks too. It's whateva
    No creaks on my Pre 3, a very solid build and feel.
    I liked how the back cover of the Pre and Pre2 was attached compared to the Pre3. I feel like I'm going to break the damn thing in the process of removing it.
    Mine has a slight creak, but not enough to worry about.
    same here
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Mine started creaking after I put the cover back on once, so I'm assuming I just don't have it on there perfectly. This isn't similar to the USB door problems the Pre- had.
    Mine has a slight creak, but not directly on the usb port. It creaks slightly when I press just to right of the usb port with the screen facing up. Nothing to worry about.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    My at&t Pre 3 came with getting started pamplet and had instructions with diagrams on how to remove the rear cover, just followed the simple instructions and it just popped right off with very little effort. When I reinstalled the cover it securely snapped right back in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My at&t Pre 3 came with getting started pamplet and had instructions with diagrams on how to remove the rear cover, just followed the simple instructions and it just popped right off with very little effort. When I reinstalled the cover it securely snapped right back in place.
    See, that is what I should have done. Captain Hindsight strikes again! Still, no harm done.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast