1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Does anybody now how to make the text to fit the borders of the screen while Internet browsing? When I zoom on the text it goes out of the screen and does not automatically resize. I use the default browser and cannot find in it's settings such thing. Am I missing something or is this a known issue?
    Also is there another Internet browser available for the Pre 3? I love the default one but if changing to a different browser is what it takes...

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by branskyj; 10/17/2011 at 09:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Are you zooming in by pinch-to-zoom, or by double tapping the text area? I usually just do a double tap and it re-sizes the text to fill the screen horizontally. Which websites are you having trouble with?
    TP + P3 = synergized
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have found that a lot of sites display poorly on the pre3 browser, especially when you pinch to zoom in and double tap. It does not seem to handle text reflow very well at all.

On my Android the same site reflows to fit the screen perfectly.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3mier View Post
    Are you zooming in by pinch-to-zoom, or by double tapping the text area? I usually just do a double tap and it re-sizes the text to fill the screen horizontally. Which websites are you having trouble with?
    Well, I am loading Engadget now, the desktop version. If I double tap it zooms in but does not autofit the content. If I pinch in to zoom- same thing.
    In the mobile version double tapping does not even zoom in( it zooms on the main page but not when in an article- then it just scrolls up/down depending where I tap. If I pinch in to zoom it still does not autofit the text.
    Strange because I was doing the same on my previous phone- HTC Desire and everything worked fine (I even had access to the comments section, while now I do not even see the link for them).
    And which is even more strange- I love my Pre 3 so much I would not even go back in spite of these problems
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Just to add to that, "the register" is another example.. double tap, pinch to zoom or whatever, you end up with either unreadable small text or its off the screen rather than a proper reflow.

You should be able to zoom in to the desired font size and double tap so the text fits the page at the level you set.

If you have say an android phone with stock browser this works correctly so it cant be the website user agent config. Dont know if they use the same layout engine on the pre3 and android.