Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    No one has yet reported any problem activating their Pre3 on T-Mobile (that I've seen). I certainly had no problem activating mine. In fact I did it twice: first when I got my T-Mobile SIM and did the initial activation, and again after doctoring to 2.2.3. The only anomaly I've had was that the OTA update to 2.2.3 never appeared, so I had to doctor. I don't know what caused the OTA update not be available, perhaps it would have been if I waited a few more days.
    This was reported as a precaution, the problems I have had are more related to little or intermittent signal issues in my area. At&T has not been that problematic and in general has more coverage area than t-mobile. Plus the phone by default has at&t's settings (since it is an exclusive). It was showing voicestream as my APN setting (read from the sim I believe) and I was told that I needed to use epc.tmobile.com.

I hope this clarifies my point.
    so you reccomend calling tmobile once activated and they will correct the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    so you reccomend calling tmobile once activated and they will correct the issue?
    You can change the wap settings yourself. However, I have not seen any change in speed going from the default wap settings to epc.tmobile.com.

To change the setting open the phone app, tap on the upper left side click on network settings, turn manual settings on and then tap edit settings. You will be in the Internet APN settings, I don't think mms settings need to be changed. Internet was the only thing the representative wanted me to change. This was because I was getting slow speeds and I had called to find out if my APN settings were correct.
    any other success stories? Failures?
    using t-mobile on my veer (showing only edge).
    pros - very long battery life
    cons - not so fast data if your a heavy browser or streaming media files.

t-mobile is good for what i do... email and light to medium browsing.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    using t-mobile on my veer (showing only edge).
    pros - very long battery life
    cons - not so fast data if your a heavy browser or streaming media files.

t-mobile is good for what i do... email and light to medium browsing.
    what kind of speeds you getting cuase thats all i really do too.

I plan to jump to tmobile 30 plan from h20.

Can you do conditional call forwarding for google voice?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    what kind of speeds you getting cuase thats all i really do too.

I plan to jump to tmobile 30 plan from h20.

thanks
    tmobile edge, avg - .10 mbps download, .08 mbps upload
    att 3g, avg 4 mbps down, 1mbps up
    my wifi, avg 7 mbps down, 4 mbps up
    wow! That is such a great question... Can you forward calls to google voice? I would be doing that too
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    wow! That is such a great question... Can you forward calls to google voice? I would be doing that too
    does not work on H20 they don't allow it....
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post

thanks
    yes http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...all_Forwarding currently I forward unreachable to UMA phone
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianLee View Post
    yes http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...all_Forwarding currently I forward unreachable to UMA phone
    Sign me up....
    Hope to receive my tmobile sim card and activation number today! So curious about tmobile
    can't use google voice with these plans
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    can't use google voice with these plans
    can you be a little more descriptive about what you mean by that ? If you mean to forward your voicemail to GV, then I'm not sure. But it would be pretty hard to have a plan where you couldn't forward your GV number to your tmobile phone number, and couldn't dial google voices routing destination numbers.
    sorry. Google voice can not be used for tmobile pre pay.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Again, can you be more specific ? What parts of Google Voice cannot be used with the t-mobile pre-pay.

I currently have my google voice number forwarding to a number I have on a t-mobile pre pay card and it's working fine.

Are you talking about transferring your google voice number to t-mobile ? About having an integration like sprint did ? About call forwarding your t-mobile # to your google voice mailbox ? What ?
    Sorry. I try to set this up as one of my forwarded phones and it tells me to dial a *20 and my gv number. At the top of the box it states gv does not work with tmobile pre pay.
    it's **21* for unconditional call forwarding
    **21*+<country code><phone number># [SEND] (activate unconditional forwarding)
    I guess this is where having a non-supported phone gets tricky, huh? I'll have my AT&T unlocked Pre3 phone on Monday (should have been delivered today, grrrrr) so have been investigating both AT&T and T-Mobile. At first I was just going to go with AT&T, then this afternoon I was thinking T-Mobile's $60 4G Unlimited Talk, Text & Web plan. However, it appears that the Pre3 won't get 4G or 3G with T-Mobile? So, seems like I'm back considering AT&T at least for the initial activation since some have reported problems with profile activation if not using 3G (some have called BS on this, but seems like a good precaution since no contract required). So, unless someone can explain where my thinking here is flawed, it's off to AT&T for the initial contract on my new Pre3?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast