Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    The title says it all. Does anyone else have it?

Is there anyway to get it out without picking the whole phone apart? If not, how do I pick the whole phone apart?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes, I have dust under my lens too. I have had dust under the lens on all of my phones, though (probably from keeping my phone in my pocket with no protective case).

I have no idea how to get it out without taking the phone apart, though, nor do I know how to take the phone apart without breaking it... so this response is probably no help at all.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I hear ya! The reason I'm concerned about my Pre 3 is because it has collected more dust in 1 month than my past phones did in their whole lifetime. Surely there must be something wrong with it...
    Maybe keep it in a case to keep any more dust from accumulating? I don't think that's a very GOOD solution, but short of taking the phone apart to figure out how the dust is getting in.. not sure how you can prevent it. Would taking it apart yourself void the warranty? You might be able to find a video on youtube of someone taking the Pre3 apart..

I assume that this would be something covered under the warranty, also.. though I'm not sure if it is worth the time/effort/money it would take to ship it back.
    I have a VZW Pre+...launch day even! I have some dust too, and I'm thinking it is impairing the quality of my photos. I want it out! I haven't tried to open up my Pre+ before, other than changing out the battery...so has anyone found a way to get this cover off? If there is dust under there, it has to come off, right?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

If you take off the back bezel, you can just clean the protective glass with a cutip. You need a torx 5 screwdriver to get the screws out.
    Thanks! I think I'll need to get a Torx 5...don't think I've got smaller than 7. When I take off the bezel...any words of wisdom like "watch out for the ___ because it might pop out or drop..."

I've never taken it apart so I'm a little leery of messing it up or pinching a wire. Maybe I should build a clean room with totally white floors and walls, and wear a fully encapsulating tyvek suit and nitrile gloves...or I could do this 'au naturale'...and by that I mean, with NATURAL cotton q-tips
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Well I don't own a Pre 3 but have done numerous commboard swaps for Pre 2's and + and - alike. Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals look at the pictures of how to remove the back bezel. It's actually quite easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LevSer View Post
    The title says it all. Does anyone else have it?

Is there anyway to get it out without picking the whole phone apart? If not, how do I pick the whole phone apart?

Thanks in advance!
    yup same, actually arrived like that when i first got it, but hell, whos gonna send something back your lucky to have in the first place, ill pick mine apart when it becomes a bigger issue.
    It's actually easy to clean the glass, you just have to have a T5 (I think) screw driver to open the screws in the back. One screw is covered by small tiny sticker with HP logo on it and it's on the left hand side of the SIM slot below where the camera glass is.

this phone is surprisingly easy to dis-assemble compared to other devices. The camera cover glass is attached to the back cover. Hope this helps.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums