Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #41  
    76% left, going on 10 hours, 6 calls made of about 5+ minutes, checked email about 20 times, (its on "as items arrive") and watched a youtube video. .. oh.. read and sent about 10-20 texts.

the battery is friggin awesome. Will update this post when i go to bed around 2am (5 more hours)
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyph911x View Post
    76% left, going on 10 hours, 6 calls made of about 5+ minutes, checked email about 20 times, (its on "as items arrive") and watched a youtube video. .. oh.. read and sent about 10-20 texts.

the battery is friggin awesome. Will update this post when i go to bed around 2am (5 more hours)
    Same here, been really impressed with my Pre 3 battery consumption so I tested it using the Battery Monitor app and I am using around 1 1/2 percent per hour at idle Thats with 4 email accounts set to check every 15 minutes, wifi on, and GPS on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #43  
    so, the whole day , this is what i did..

screen brightness on 85%
    2 email accounts, on "As they arrive"
    2 youtube videos 4 minutes each
    18 texts out, 26 texts in
    6 calls, 5+ minutes each
    shot 6 videos, of my girlfriend dancing around in the living room.. (no i wont post and yes its awesome)
    checked weather about 3 times with weatherchannel app
    wifi = ON
    BLUETOOTH = ON
    quake game app, 9 minutes
    various toying around stuff.

Battery is at a respectable 62%. actually, thats outstanding..

battery is legit... absolutely NO problems here
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    dude, how many apps do you want? this phone works great. apps? what the hell do you want? a app that has a dog you can tickle and punch? GTFOH lol
    it's not really a question of how many as it is a question of quallity and function.
    I think that I speak for pretty much everyone when I say Netflix, but that horse has been beaten to death. My wife demanded a new phone when she got fed up with how bad the Facebook app was on the pre2.

If there had been a really good sports scores app, I probably wouldn't have been so willing to give up my touchpad to the first offer.

and I really wanted a pre3. It's actually the reason I didn't upgrade back in July when I was eligible.
    Quote Originally Posted by otterpop View Post
    If there had been a really good sports scores app, I probably wouldn't have been so willing to give up my touchpad to the first offer.

and I really wanted a pre3. It's actually the reason I didn't upgrade back in July when I was eligible.
    What about Sports Live! by More Solutions? I've had the Football Live! on my Pre- and the full Sports Live! on my TouchPad. They work good for me and are constantly tweaking things on it.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

Be a Patriot, pray for Obama, Psalm 109:8

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Personally, I was anxiously waiting for my upgrade to happen so I could go to the Pre 3 on Verizon. This was exactly the phone I was waiting for (though I wish it had LTE support). I've lived through so many disappointments with Palm and now HP I'm amazed that I want one of these.

My son bought the new iPhone and had a great offer for his old iPhone (would cover the entire cost of the new one) if he could downgrade from iOS 5 to iOS 4. We found out that this was impossible. We even went through the jailbreak community and they stated it wasn't possible. Heck, I could put any version of WebOS I can get a doctor for on my phones. I will never buy into Apple's closed eco-system.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Personally, I was anxiously waiting for my upgrade to happen so I could go to the Pre 3 on Verizon. This was exactly the phone I was waiting for (though I wish it had LTE support). I've lived through so many disappointments with Palm and now HP I'm amazed that I want one of these.

My son bought the new iPhone and had a great offer for his old iPhone (would cover the entire cost of the new one) if he could downgrade from iOS 5 to iOS 4. We found out that this was impossible. We even went through the jailbreak community and they stated it wasn't possible. Heck, I could put any version of WebOS I can get a doctor for on my phones. I will never buy into Apple's closed eco-system.
    While some folks want the jail break option (which is not ready yet) he should have absolutely no problem selling his old iPhone off contract for more than enough to cover his new iPhone on contract.

Or wait two weeks for the jb.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    What about Sports Live!
    I couldn't justify spending 5% of the price of the whole device on a single app when it's something that every other platform does for free.

also, a good nes/snes emulator would have been nice.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post

Mine runs at LTE ish speeds.. It downloads at6 meg, uploads at 2 meg. faster than 3g. it FLYS through webpages.. xbox360.ign.com (content rich site) loads in about 4 seconds.. so thats good for me.

I agree from all the reviews and hands on it looked like a great device too bad hp never gave it a chance because their tablet market tanked and decided to just throw in the towel on it all.
    my guess is if they released the Pre 3 it would have sold just about the same as the Pre, Pre plus, Pixi, Pre 2, Veer and Touchpad did.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Yeah, I think that people are basically too afraid to put a large investment into an operating system they don't know that they like when they've already tried and liked android, iOS, etc.
    Phones:
    HP Pre 3 (crossing fingers)
    Galaxy S Captivate (current)
    Pre+ (screen broke off back)
    Pre+ (stopped charging)
    LG Rumor 2 (pre's are better, what did you think)
    Palm Treo 720 (I'm not sure why I stopped using this one :P)
    LG Rumor 1 (lost)
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Same here, been really impressed with my Pre 3 battery consumption so I tested it using the Battery Monitor app and I am using around 1 1/2 percent per hour at idle Thats with 4 email accounts set to check every 15 minutes, wifi on, and GPS on.
    What do you use to take that screenshot of your pre3? its nice, but i have never seen a application for it.

Thx.

What do you use to take that screenshot of your pre3? its nice, but i have never seen a application for it.

Thx.
    press "square", "Sym" and "P" keys at the same time and it will send a screen shot to your photo app.
    I couldn't justify spending 5% of the price of the whole device on a single app when it's something that every other platform does for free.
    While I understand the free part...the 5% of the price of the device part is absurd. Since I got my Pre 2 for just $4.99, that would mean I couldn't buy any apps if I were playing by your rules. Really...$4.99 for an app is nothing. It's less than a combo meal at McD's.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    While I understand the free part...the 5% of the price of the device part is absurd. Since I got my Pre 2 for just $4.99, that would mean I couldn't buy any apps if I were playing by your rules. Really...$4.99 for an app is nothing. It's less than a combo meal at McD's.
    that math in itself is bad because the pre2 wasn't $4.99, it was $4.99 plus 2 years of commitment to carrier subsidy rate service. My point is more that webos doesnt have the availability of features and support available to every other platform without additional cash outlay.

I paid the same for my wife's pre 2, which is now mine. however, it became the most expensive phone I've ever purchased because I had to buy her a stupid droid because she just couldn't deal with the fact that the webos Facebook app sucked so bad, froze up her phone and just wouldn't work.

The only reason I still have it is that nobody has yet made me a decent offer for it and it's accessories.
    that math in itself is bad because the pre2 wasn't $4.99, it was $4.99 plus 2 years of commitment to carrier subsidy rate service. My point is more that webos doesnt have the availability of features and support available to every other platform without additional cash outlay.

I paid the same for my wife's pre 2, which is now mine. however, it became the most expensive phone I've ever purchased because I had to buy her a stupid droid because she just couldn't deal with the fact that the webos Facebook app sucked so bad, froze up her phone and just wouldn't work.

The only reason I still have it is that nobody has yet made me a decent offer for it and it's accessories.
    Um, no. The math is fine because the "subsidy" doesn't really exist. If I want service on Verizon, I pay the same no matter if I get one of their phones, or if I bring my own to the party. The subsidy of a phone is just baked into every contract they offer. So, I paid $4.99 for the phone. I could have kept my Pre+, bought a Pre 2 for $150 off-contract, but I would still be paying the same amount of money to Verizon every month. This reality is the only cost on any phone you buy is truly the cost you pay in cash for that phone, assuming you don't decide to terminate your contract early.

Of course, I would also like to know how the Facebook app "sucks so bad". Mine works perfectly fine and has never locked up the phone. The only feature it could use is the chat, but since I don't use that...to each his own. My Pre 2 is a great phone. Many others feel the same. But, as we know all to well around here, different strokes for different folks.
    In fact, let me put it another way. If you think that the app isn't worth $5, so you sell your Touchpad, you are now without any platform, unless you choose to buy into Android or iOS to get your "free" sports app. Well that means you need to spend $300-500 on a new tablet so you don't have to spend $5 on an app. If your decision was more based on "I just didn't like the platform/device" it's understandable. But to say it's about the cost...do you see my point?

Believe me, what you do with your devices is your business, not mine. But if you open the conversation, expect criticism of your decision. Hopefully you'll find the platform/s that suit your needs and make you happy. I love my Touchpad and use it all over the place, and I have no problem spending a few bucks here and there to help pay for the development of these apps, and hopefully more.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    In fact, let me put it another way. If you think that the app isn't worth $5, so you sell your Touchpad, you are now without any platform, unless you choose to buy into Android or iOS to get your "free" sports app. Well that means you need to spend $300-500 on a new tablet so you don't have to spend $5 on an app. If your decision was more based on "I just didn't like the platform/device" it's understandable. But to say it's about the cost...do you see my point?

Believe me, what you do with your devices is your business, not mine. But if you open the conversation, expect criticism of your decision. Hopefully you'll find the platform/s that suit your needs and make you happy. I love my Touchpad and use it all over the place, and I have no problem spending a few bucks here and there to help pay for the development of these apps, and hopefully more.
    I already had an iPad, which does everything the tp does, but better.
    and flash isn't a valid argument because flash is a technology that should have died in 2002.

also, I like webos as a platform. it's elegant and functional for the most part. the grand conclusion is that HP is a company run by drooling morons that consistently make horrible, ruinous choices. See also what HP did to Corvallis, OR in the early 2000s. They shouldn't be trusted with safety scissors let alone a platform that will from here out be the phone/tablet equivelant of the snorks. always fun to remember, but never everything that you was nostalgic that it was.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123