Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #21  
    yeah we are talking about the pre3.. but what i was saying is that the ad campaign looked good for the touchpad, which makes me think that the pre3 campaign would have had the same reaction..

dont forget, the commercial with Manny Pacquiao... was for a phone.. the veer.. so really, i WAS Talking about the smartphone market.
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyph911x View Post
    Im still trying to figure out how to get FB to integrate my contacts like my pre+ did(with the pictures and stuff linking them).
    Try launching Contacts, swipe down the left menu and click Prefs&Accounts. Add the Facebook account and it should import your contacts?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'll tell you what's wrong with HP-
    1) their Board has no techies on it
    2) Leo Apotheker's "vision" (hallucination?) of turning HP into a software & services company
    3) They hook their wagon to the "replacement ink is our draft-horse" mentality
    4) They suffer from a severe and sustained case of cranio-rectal inversion.
    Not even the fabulous and celebrated Meg Witless can save them...I believe they are doomed. They flounder like a landed perch in a hot aluminum skiff, and have the direction of a compass hooked to an electromagnet. Or a politician campaigning, take your pick...
    johncase3 likes this.
  4.    #24  
    i might as well ask here, whats the application so the stupid "too many cards" message will stop coming up.. its annoying.. someone told me somewhere but i forgot..

also the app that makes the battery a #% not just a battery icon...

thanks guys.. preware is amazing..
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    i might as well ask here, whats the application so the stupid "too many cards" message will stop coming up.. its annoying.. someone told me somewhere but i forgot..

also the app that makes the battery a #% not just a battery icon...

thanks guys.. preware is amazing..
    install the Govnah then install the uberkernel for the Pre 3
    Pre3 should been device HP released year ago instead Pre2. It could easily had 1GHz CPU used in Pre2. if HP released it than, it could been "make it right" device which would heal relations with Sprint and unhappy users with defective original Pre devices. HP would sell them with loss, but on other hand would not waste money on Pre2 and Veer. Devs would have good platform for development, users would have hardware which is not falling apart, and HP would have decent reference design headset for licensing negotiations. This is what I expected from HP. When I saw Pre2 I knew something is wrong. When I saw Touchpad I knew it is over.
    Well....each day my decision to go with the AT&T Pre3 changes. I'm stuck between going with a better Pre phone (I have the Pre- and would just like a faster phone after having it since 6/6/09) and risking no support and apps, or going with a Windows phone that should be supported.

As for what I use a phone for, pretty basic stuff. Phone (of course), texting, light internet useage, emails, and some minor apps. I don't watch movies on my phone and don't use it to hold my music. Just basic stuff. Of course, I LOVE how webOS works and have just come so accustomed to it over almost 2 1/2 years. But I also think it might be unwise to get a phone that isn't very supported. I was reading this evening about phones having battery drain and seems like if there is an issue with the battery, you either buy another Pre3 on eBay or you're screwed. I do not do all the patches nor do I increase the chip speed. Like I said, just basic stuff.

I don't like android and not very interested in the iPhone, so that pretty much leaves me with a Windows phone, which I have read good reviews on. I actually have a back up Pre- phone, so really not having to make a move now....but....would love a faster phone. Anyway, I guess my question is for someone not interested in tweaking my phone because of no tech support from HP, am I better off going with a phone that will be supported or can this non-techy deal with the Pre3?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    you won't regret the pre3. and you aren't buying it on contract. When wind arrives, it will probably be enough like webos to switch then, if you need to.
    pre4 likes this.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I would like to take Pre 3 plunge myself. If I were to be so lucky to find a Verizon Pre 3 what exactly do I need to do? I have a semi-smart phone on Verizon. Just switch out the sim card...how hard is that? Do I need to interact with Verizon in any way after that?
  10.    #30  
    You said when "wind" arrives? what is that?.. oh and there are PLENTY of apps and patches for the pre3... this phone is legit.. best phone..

my worries are now.. well for people thinking about buying the pre3 Verizon.... HP store closed.. so.. any pre3's that were left, OR if anyone didnt buy them, the stock of people with them on ebay, when those are gone.. they are gone..

i would jump on it.. Today is the 1st workday with the phone.. to see how the battery lasts... normally i would have about 30% left when the day ended at 8pm...

we'll see.

and thanks for the help, uberkernel and govnah.. phone runs so smooth now, its (siC)

Quote Originally Posted by NoICon View Post
    I would like to take Pre 3 plunge myself. If I were to be so lucky to find a Verizon Pre 3 what exactly do I need to do? I have a semi-smart phone on Verizon. Just switch out the sim card...how hard is that? Do I need to interact with Verizon in any way after that?
    Only phones with GSM network carriers use SIM cards. Verizon is a CDMA network carrier, not GSM. If you want to use a Pre3 on Verizon, you can only use the Verizon Pre3 model, not the AT&T Pre3 model or the unlocked Europe Pre3 model (which are both GSM and use SIM cards).

Once you have a Verizon Pre3, you need to provide the device information to them so they can look it up in their database and activate it on their network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you won't regret the pre3. and you aren't buying it on contract. When wind arrives, it will probably be enough like webos to switch then, if you need to.
    Well....I have started looking at the Pre3 on eBay again. Now just need to check with the local AT&T and see what type of plans would be available if I pull the trigger. I guess worse case scenario I'm only out $200 or so, not gonna sink me.

I had the same question as cyph911x, by "When wind arrives" are you referring to the new Windows 8 OS? I did see the demo of that and it looks alot like webOS. I guess your point was when that comes out, if the Pre3 wasn't working out I could switch since I won't be under contract with AT&T since I'm bringing the phone rather than buying directly from AT&T, correct?

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Today is the 1st workday with the phone.. to see how the battery lasts... normally i would have about 30% left when the day ended at 8pm...

we'll see.

and thanks for the help, uberkernel and govnah.. phone runs so smooth now, its (siC)
    Please report back with how the battery worked for you today. I read another post referring to some fast battery drains occurring on some Pre3's and that has me worried as there really is no replacement battery if it is a battery issue. It will be just my luck that I'd get a problem battery with no solution.

My Pre- was having major drain issues and I replaced the battery and it is doing 100% better!

14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Please report back with how the battery worked for you today. I read another post referring to some fast battery drains occurring on some Pre3's and that has me worried as there really is no replacement battery if it is a battery issue. It will be just my luck that I'd get a problem battery with no solution.

My Pre- was having major drain issues and I replaced the battery and it is doing 100% better!
    Yeah i will let everyone know about the battery.

I have Uberkernel, and govnah running, (wellnot running installed tho) and my screen brightness on about 85%, Bluetooth and wifi on (no networks here tho) the settings are both on .. its at 93%, andi have been awake, with it unplugged for about 4 hours.

EDIT (on standby not using) it seems that battery goes down 1-2% a hour... will update late tonight with more info.
    Last edited by cyph911x; 10/17/2011 at 02:00 PM.

Yeah i will let everyone know about the battery.

I have Uberkernel, and govnah running, (wellnot running installed tho) and my screen brightness on about 85%, Bluetooth and wifi on (no networks here tho) the settings are both on .. its at 93%, andi have been awake, with it unplugged for about 4 hours
    Who is your service with? Your thoughts so far on the phone? Good decision? Always gonna be some negatives with a gadget, but do the positives out weigh the negatives? Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    The Pre 3 should have come out in the spring, followed by the TouchPad. The fact that HP released the Veer before the Pre 3 just shows how badly they missed the mark.
  17.    #37  
    are you kidding me? This is the best phone i have ever used. I hate the iphone. i hate android. The scrolling through apps is so fast.. the loading of webpages is 4g like, so fast. The touch to type, is amazing, i needed a pizza place, so i typed in "PONTILLOS 14618" clicked Google search in the list and the websearch/browser came up in 2 seconds.. everything runs so friggin smooth, I have as stated above the key apps/patches instaled, the Turn off screen dimmer and thetorch app.. and uberkernel so the "too many cards" issue does not come up...

dude, there is NOTHING negative about this phone..

well, IF there were more app's but my pre1, i didnt use apps and all that crap, i use email, text, document reader, weather, calendar, and the phone.... im actually playing QUAKE (oldschool ID software game) on it right now, and its awesome

get one.. I use Verizon. speed is awesome. phone is awesome. HP is stupid. absolutely stupid.

They honestly have no idea what they are doing. When the webOS dev team tells us they have nothing they can tell us I honestly believe that is because they have no idea themselves eaither. I feel bad for them.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by bassic83 View Post
    I'll tell you what's wrong with HP-
    1) their Board has no techies on it
    2) Leo Apotheker's "vision" (hallucination?) of turning HP into a software & services company
    3) They hook their wagon to the "replacement ink is our draft-horse" mentality
    4) They suffer from a severe and sustained case of cranio-rectal inversion.
    Not even the fabulous and celebrated Meg Witless can save them...I believe they are doomed. They flounder like a landed perch in a hot aluminum skiff, and have the direction of a compass hooked to an electromagnet. Or a politician campaigning, take your pick...
    every word of this is truth. I like my pre2. my wife ended up hating it and spending 2 weeks being mad at me for getting it for her. HP just needs to stay true to their word and pay some devs to build the apps they need. simple as that.

I don't know how long I'm going to stick with my pre 2. I'm certianly not dropping $600 on an ecosystem with no clear direction.
  20.    #40  
    dude, how many apps do you want? this phone works great. apps? what the hell do you want? a app that has a dog you can tickle and punch? GTFOH lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast