Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    I've been babbling for weeks about getting a VZW Pre 3 and I just bit on one for $525 + $9.99 shipping. That's more than I was hoping to pay but I'll survive. Besides, I figure I can sell my Pre 2 for 150-180 to take away a bit of the sting. It also helps that the TouchPad ended up only being 150 bucks after the firesale rebate vs. the original 600!

Anyway, my new phone should be here on the 19th or 20th. Can't freakin' wait XD
    You got a rare device, good luck! Yeah the Touchpad at $150 is a steal. Hopefully HP or someone else will continue the excellent webOS phones and tablets.
    You won't regret it, I've had my Pre 3 (at&t) for 2 weeks now and I am still amazed how nice this phone is. I like it so much I even purchased another Pre 3 for a backup
    smart move my man. smart move.
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    Don't you know the iphone 4GS is the only phone you're allowed to get. Wait!... you could also own an iphone 4... or a 3GS but its basically the same (bland) phone. Oh or you could get an android. But for real, enjoy the best OS ever dreamed of in the most original phone. WebOS kills in so many, many ways.
    Wait, you spend 500 bucks on your pre3? I got mine for 100 bucks. Whats the point?
  7.    #7  
    The point is that the verizon ones are hard to come by. If I could have spent 100 I would have.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    You won't regret it, I've had my Pre 3 (at&t) for 2 weeks now and I am still amazed how nice this phone is. I like it so much I even purchased another Pre 3 for a backup
    I just ordered my pre3 (courtesy of ebay) and I'd like to know what are some of the things specifically that you like and don't like? Particularly - how is the volume (earpiece and earphone jack, and speakerphone on the back); how many apps/cards can you have open before it begins to slow down?

I've read a few forum posts about battery drain, and some devices freezing and I'm worried that if I experience any problems - then I won't be able to get any support or a replacement (due to HP not manufacturing the pre 3 any longer).

I'm excited about getting the device - as it will be a new device and platform (I'm a long time windows Mobile 6.x user and my current device is the t-mobile HD2 (running on at&t)) but then I'm a little nervous since I'm not sure how 'investing' in this phone will turn out in the long term.

Thank you for your reply.
    tip...

if your contract expired with verizon, you should just renew your contract and buy an iphone 4gs and then turn around and sell it for 600 to cover the cost of pre 3. This way, it only costs you 200 bucks.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    tip...

if your contract expired with verizon, you should just renew your contract and buy an iphone 4gs and then turn around and sell it for 600 to cover the cost of pre 3. This way, it only costs you 200 bucks.
    I've thought about doing that. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I've thought about doing that. lol
    why not? Worse case is you end up with an iphone.

also if you have unlimited data, you got to keep that too for the new plan.

win win
    I went ahead and bought a pre 3 from ebay. Price was pretty good, 199 with free shipping. I know its pretty much a dead platform with no future, but after using windows phone for the last month and a half, i picked up my pre plus and played with it and found I really missed webos. Don't get me wrong, windows phone is very smooth and fast, and the dell venue pro is a great phone, but I really missed the way webos functions, the card swipes, just type, and the overall design. I also don't really need many apps because I have my iPhone 4s for all the apps i could ever want.

I kept telling myself I was moving on, and maybe I will eventually be back with windows phone as my second line to my iPhone, but I'm just not ready to give up webos just yet. And really, there is no better combo right now than an iPhone and Pre 3. I just hope i don't regret spending even more money into this dying platform.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    pre4 and FenrirWolf like this.
    <thread merged>
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    [QUOTE=roallen78;3210317]I just ordered my pre3 (courtesy of ebay) and I'd like to know what are some of the things specifically that you like and don't like? Particularly - how is the volume (earpiece and earphone jack, and speakerphone on the back); how many apps/cards can you have open before it begins to slow down?

The volume in the earpiece/rear speaker is fine, the rear speaker is a much better unit than the one in the original Pre. I use the Platronics Backbeats 903 BT headset and the sound is awesome (only time I use the wired earphones is when I fly and had not had a chance to check it out yet). I typically only have 3 to 4 apps open at a time and the speed does not slow down (I do not play games on my phone) and scrolling is smooth and apps open quickly. I am really happy with the speed of the processor of the Pre 3, unlike the original Pre and see no reason to overclock it. The keyboard is really easy to use, just the small size increase and the clicky buttons make it 300% better than the Pre's keyboard. The phone is really nicely balanced and due to the rounded shape of the back, it feels great when holding it in your hand (you'll see once you get and first pick it up)

I've read a few forum posts about battery drain, and some devices freezing and I'm worried that if I experience any problems - then I won't be able to get any support or a replacement (due to HP not manufacturing the pre 3 any longer).

Battery life is good but not great. With moderate use you should be able to go all day without having to charge it but I have never had battery issues because I've always had Touchstones at home/office/car (no brainer IMO, Touchstones are the only way to go). I've had my Pre 3 now for almost 2 weeks and not one freeze or reboot.

I'm excited about getting the device - as it will be a new device and platform (I'm a long time windows Mobile 6.x user and my current device is the t-mobile HD2 (running on at&t)) but then I'm a little nervous since I'm not sure how 'investing' in this phone will turn out in the long term.

I think you will be really pleased with your new Pre 3 and the first thing you should do after you get it activated is install Preware on it because there are already some great patches out that will help make your experience even better.

QUOTE]

Hope this helps you feel better about your new investment
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 10/17/2011 at 04:07 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    why not? Worse case is you end up with an iphone.

also if you have unlimited data, you got to keep that too for the new plan.

win win
    Yeah, this does sound pretty appealing after looking around eBay. Even the 16GB 4S is right up there with the VZW Pre 3 in price. Heck, if I can sell my Pre 2 as well I might come out even or close to it if I'm lucky. XD
    who needs support when you have homebrew developers and PreCentral members to help.
    eny2002 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I've been babbling for weeks about getting a VZW Pre 3 and I just bit on one for $525 + $9.99 shipping. That's more than I was hoping to pay but I'll survive. Besides, I figure I can sell my Pre 2 for 150-180 to take away a bit of the sting. It also helps that the TouchPad ended up only being 150 bucks after the firesale rebate vs. the original 600!

Anyway, my new phone should be here on the 19th or 20th. Can't freakin' wait XD
    Just paid for my Pre3... spent about $50 more than I did on each of the Pre2s. Now time to see if I want to sell my Pre2 or hold on to it. If anything happened to the wives Pre2 I would feel bad about having sold mine.

Guess I can figure it out when I see how I like the Pre3, I know I can resell that for what I paid.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    As most here have seen on Ebay the AT&T HP Pre 3 and surely have purchased, I'm curious about the Pre 3's which are advertised as unlocked and unbranded, with no AT&T logo on the back. It seems they are almost exactly like the AT&T Pre 3 specification wise. Might this be a misprint on the sellers part or has anybody actually bought and received one of these unlocked and unbranded Pre 3's ?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    And to add, I did buy the AT&T Pre 3 with unlock code included in a bundle pack with a Touchstone and Palm branded car charger from Ebay for $215.00 shipped. What an awesome phone. I thought the Pre 2 was nice but wow. I am seriously considering another one, hence the question from my previous post.
    If I open a new account with Verizon, get an iPhone 4S and sell it unopened, I can then activate a Verizon Pre 3 on this new account?
    I see pandas.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast