Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #21  
    Yup. Your contract doesn't prevent you from switching phones, just carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Yup. Your contract doesn't prevent you from switching phones, just carriers.
    hmm, interesting. Been thinking about switching to Verizon, but doing it for less total cost makes it even more enticing!
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 10/17/2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo
    I see pandas.
    You should actually be able to add the Pre3 by just going online. I'm not a VZW user but have been told that you can activate on off contract phone by just logging into your profile.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I just bought pre 3 from ebay too. Still waiting for it.
    webos is really nice. Unfortunately, from what I've heard, there're not much apps.
    Especially apps like banking(which needs to be developed by companies)... :=|
    Quote Originally Posted by BagyiDaw View Post
    I just bought pre 3 from ebay too. Still waiting for it.
    webos is really nice. Unfortunately, from what I've heard, there're not much apps.
    Especially apps like banking(which needs to be developed by companies)... :=|
    For such online things as banking your first option, which usually works fine, is to just use normal internet browser access. With webOS you have a full function browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    You won't regret it, I've had my Pre 3 (at&t) for 2 weeks now and I am still amazed how nice this phone is. I like it so much I even purchased another Pre 3 for a backup
    Just got mine also. Now I have a spare battery, spare battery charger, and spare phone.

netwrkr9 likes this.
  7.    #27  
    The phone came in today. After doctoring to 2.2.3 it activated without a hitch. I love it already!
    on Verizon all I had to do is dial *228 and it was active in 60 seconds.
    hazah! It came in! Just started playing with it and am loving it already. Dawn you HP, this phone could have definitely competed. Will be back later after I have finished with work and set this bad by up. Also, I typed this post from the pre3, and they keyboard is MUCH better.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Took the plunge as well....hoping it will arrive by tomorrow (Fri) so I'll have the weekend to get her set up. Excited, but also nervous as to whether I'll have many issues.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    on Verizon all I had to do is dial *228 and it was active in 60 seconds.
    That's what I did, but I doctored it to 2.2.3 beforehand to be on the latest OS version, and to avoid the activation issues some people were having on 2.2.0
    does any one else have like a clicking noise that's audible when the camera is focusing?
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    does any one else have like a clicking noise that's audible when the camera is focusing?
    Everyone with Pre 3s are reporting that the auto focus is noisy.
    Yup. Autofocus is quite audible but its normal.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
    ok, well that's good know. Little annoying, but at least I now know its normal.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12