Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dogber1 View Post
    I've adapted my unlocking scripts to the pre3 and will release them soon. MadMoonDog helped me out quite a bit - thanks again!

The good news is that the unlock works in principle - the bad news is that the vzw pre3 software seems to lack the functionality for properly operating the GSM/UMTS part of the modem.
    By unlocking do you mean being able to use ATT/TMobile SIM in VZW Pre 3? I see in the properties that SIMULockDef is "UNLOCKED" I understood that to mean one should be able to use SIM card outside US, although I am sure and hoping folks who have travelled abroad can provide feed back.

What VZW Pre 3 functionality have you found to be missing with regards to GSM?UMTS?

Thanks.
    Confirmed by my Pre 3 supplier. There is a problem with the Verizon Pre 3 antenna calibration. UMTS will not work. It's a CDMA phone only.
    Well...that's not good news at all!

Sprint__________________________ GSM___ Verizon_________________
    I'm still bringing it overseas starting on 11/29. Let's see if it works. I'm hoping for the best, but bringing along my Nexus S in case of the worst. I suppose I could just pick up a UK or AT&T Pre3 for my overseas trips, no?

I brought my to Ireland a few weeks ago. It worked, but barely. Really poor and random reception. I guess this explains why. Incredibly disappointing. May explain a lot about why WebOS is dying.
    I brought my to Ireland a few weeks ago. It worked, but barely. Really poor and random reception. I guess this explains why. Incredibly disappointing. May explain a lot about why WebOS is dying.
    Was that with the Vodafone SIM, or a local SIM?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

The Vodafone SIM that came with the Pre 3.
    use show properties app to see if your vzw phone is unlocked

if it is locked, use dogber1's scripts
    I got it working connecting over linux and sent dogber1 a patch which should be posted soon

I can confirm that I can make and receive gsm calls with the pre3 in umts mode. My sim does not have data so no info on that..
    In the Show Properties app, under SimUnlockDef it says UNLOCKED, but it said that before I tinkered with my phone with dogber1. Not sure if that made a difference. I was able to receive a text to my T-Mobile number, but could not send texts or send/receive calls. Strange. Where are you located, and which carrier SIM are you using?

a patch would be great. Where is show properties again?
    My show properties says unlocked too.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    My showprop shows unlocked for both a Tmobile prepaid SIM and the vodafone SIM that came with the phone. However, I am unable to access the SIM toolkit app with either one, or get any service (in the US).
    Unfortunately, no joy here in Norway with my VZW) Pre3 and my Telenor SIM. My Nexus S provisioned and I connected to HSPA+ right away, whereas the Pre3 just kept searching and never found a signal, in either GSM/UMTS or Global modes. I am officially depressed. So much for that!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    use show properties app to see if your vzw phone is unlocked

if it is locked, use dogber1's scripts
    I got it working connecting over linux and sent dogber1 a patch which should be posted soon

I can confirm that I can make and receive gsm calls with the pre3 in umts mode. My sim does not have data so no info on that..
    Where you able to apply the patches and are able to get Verizon Pre 3 phone to function as expected in GSM mode? Also when will these patches be released. Thanks!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by dogber1 View Post
    I've adapted my unlocking scripts to the pre3 and will release them soon. MadMoonDog helped me out quite a bit - thanks again!

The good news is that the unlock works in principle - the bad news is that the vzw pre3 software seems to lack the functionality for properly operating the GSM/UMTS part of the modem.
    I am not an expert but just a thought could we use components from ATT/generic build to work with GSM portion atleast for 3G portion?

So you have found that the VZW Pre 3 phone was locked even though it said UNLOCKED in show properties app?

Thanks
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by MadManMoon View Post
    Unfortunately, no joy here in Norway with my VZW) Pre3 and my Telenor SIM. My Nexus S provisioned and I connected to HSPA+ right away, whereas the Pre3 just kept searching and never found a signal, in either GSM/UMTS or Global modes. I am officially depressed. So much for that!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the update, I wish there is a way to reuse components from perhaps ATT build to work correctly with GSM modem.
    Add me to the fleet, dreaming that I can use my Verizon Pre 3 for TMobile (USA). Now after reading this thread, I am prepared to go ahead and sell my Verizon Pre 3... (since no GSM is working)
    My WebOS Wealth:
    TouchPads :
    * AT&T32GB, 4S - UNLOCKED!!!! (total 5 of these, all with Android 4.4.4
    * Touchpad GO with WebOS (total 3 of these, trying to get android on these... but how?)
    Pre 3: Three of AT&T Pre 3s, One Verizon Pre 3
    Want to sell any of the above for a good price(Just want to keep one go if I get android on them)
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    An update to this thread - my experience in Turkey. I used dogberts scripts prior to leaving but never found where to enter the unlock code so I saved the code in a memo. I didn't need it though, because the phone took a prepaid Turkcell SIM card without problem. I also had service through AVEA Vodafone with the included Verizon SIM, but didn't use it. Reception was bad (1-2 bars at most inside buildings, if any at all). Texts came through fine, and I used a little data and got 3G. So, it works, not great, but usable in my limited international experience.
    Can one of our geniuses out there come up with a patch to fix this?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12