Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By razorsedge
  • 1 Post By netwrkr9
  1.    #1  
    I can buy a new unlocked Pre 3, will it work on Sprint? My original Pre is so old now.
    Thanks
  2. #2  
    No.
    phillyeagles36 likes this.
  3. #3  
    LOL, how many times can the same question be asked?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  4. #4  
    Want to start a pool? lol
  5. #5  
  6. #6  
    The unlocked Pre3 works on GSM networks only, which include AT&T and T-Mobile in the USA. There was a Pre3 manufactured for Verizon CDMA networks but it was never released and it is much rarer and more expensive than the GSM Pre3. Sprint also uses a CDMA network but it is difficult to use Verizon phones on the Sprint network. So the other posters are correct, it is very difficult to use a Pre3 on Sprint.

    If you still want a Pre3 and you should since it's excellent, just get the unlocked GSM Pre3 and use it on a AT&T contract plan or AT&T Go Phone prepaid contract-free plan. Or if you just want to use the unlocked GSM Pre3 only on Wi-Fi networks without any carrier, start it up in developer mode and install Preware and impostah.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre4 View Post
    The unlocked Pre3 works on GSM networks only, which include AT&T and T-Mobile in the USA. There was a Pre3 manufactured for Verizon CDMA networks but it was never released and it is much rarer and more expensive than the GSM Pre3. Sprint also uses a CDMA network but it is difficult to use Verizon phones on the Sprint network. So the other posters are correct, it is very difficult to use a Pre3 on Sprint.

    If you still want a Pre3 and you should since it's excellent, just get the unlocked GSM Pre3 and use it on a AT&T contract plan or AT&T Go Phone prepaid contract-free plan. Or if you just want to use the unlocked GSM Pre3 only on Wi-Fi networks without any carrier, start it up in developer mode and install Preware and impostah.
    Wow..thanks for the great reply. I may buy one from Ebay, do you prefer the AT&T carrier over T-Mobil? Price- coverage?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre4 View Post
    The unlocked Pre3 works on GSM networks only, which include AT&T and T-Mobile in the USA. There was a Pre3 manufactured for Verizon CDMA networks but it was never released and it is much rarer and more expensive than the GSM Pre3. Sprint also uses a CDMA network but it is difficult to use Verizon phones on the Sprint network. So the other posters are correct, it is very difficult to use a Pre3 on Sprint.

    If you still want a Pre3 and you should since it's excellent, just get the unlocked GSM Pre3 and use it on a AT&T contract plan or AT&T Go Phone prepaid contract-free plan. Or if you just want to use the unlocked GSM Pre3 only on Wi-Fi networks without any carrier, start it up in developer mode and install Preware and impostah.
    One more question, I think I will buy the Pre 3 from Ebay and use the AT&T no contract plan. If I do this will I be able to add it to my Palm Profile to have all my contacts and apps brought over to the new phone?
    Thanks
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthemmobil1 View Post
    One more question, I think I will buy the Pre 3 from Ebay and use the AT&T no contract plan. If I do this will I be able to add it to my Palm Profile to have all my contacts and apps brought over to the new phone?
    Thanks
    To get all of your apps (the ones thAt carry over to 2.2.3 anyways) and contacts you have to sign in on your new Pre 3 under your old Pre's password and email address. Before you do that make sure you copy all of your USB drive from your Pre onto your computer because the photos and music will not carry over in the transfer. If you buy an at&t Pre 3, it does not need to be unlocked to use on at&t. If you want to sign up month to month with no contract you have to go to a corporate store. I went this route and am really happy so far.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    To get all of your apps (the ones thAt carry over to 2.2.3 anyways) and contacts you have to sign in on your new Pre 3 under your old Pre's password and email address. Before you do that make sure you copy all of your USB drive from your Pre onto your computer because the photos and music will not carry over in the transfer. If you buy an at&t Pre 3, it does not need to be unlocked to use on at&t. If you want to sign up month to month with no contract you have to go to a corporate store. I went this route and am really happy so far.
    How do I find a "corporate" store?

    Also is that your 68 Camaro? I have my 68 RS/SS for 34 years. Now it has a 548.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthemmobil1 View Post
    How do I find a "corporate" store?

    Also is that your 68 Camaro? I have my 68 RS/SS for 34 years. Now it has a 548.
    Sweet! Nice ride :thumbs: Just go online to at&t website and use the store finder and put in your zip or call information.

    It was originally a HP 396 SS, running a 468 now

    Remy X likes this.
  12. #12  
    You can actually also start a month-to-month no-contract plan by ordering only a SIM from the AT&T website.

    AT&T SIM Card Cell Phone - from AT&T

    It says only 3G but you can change that after activation and it'll work fine with HSPA+. It's probably easier to just go to the AT&T store though.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthemmobil1 View Post
    Wow..thanks for the great reply. I may buy one from Ebay, do you prefer the AT&T carrier over T-Mobil? Price- coverage?
    The Pre3 can use faster data speeds on AT&T (3G) while its bands do not work as fast for data on T-Mobile (2.5G). So if you want the fastest Pre3 GSM mobile data speeds, get AT&T. But T-Mobile rate plans are cheaper than AT&T. So if cost and just voice calls/Wi-Fi/texting are the most important, get T-Mobile.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by anthemmobil1 View Post
    I can buy a new unlocked Pre 3, will it work on Sprint? My original Pre is so old now.
    Thanks
    I've been Wondering the Same Thing???
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlechuga1990 View Post
    I've been Wondering the Same Thing???
    If you read the rest of the thread you'll see the answer.
  16. #16  
    I won one of those rare Verizon Pre3 phones ... so far the cheapest plan I can dig up is $30/mo for voice and $40/mo for data according to Verizon. I can't do basic and I can't do pre-paid?

    Do I really have to pay $70/mo for the privilege? That just doesn't sound right, b/c I can run an iPhone 4s on Virgin for just $30/mo ?

    Please confirm or advise?

Posting Permissions