Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sconix
  • 1 Post By sconix
  1.    #1  
    Anyone notice this on their Pre 3? Blink notification seems to not work when there are e-mails. Does work for appointment alarms and messages, just not e-mails.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Anyone notice this on their Pre 3? Blink notification seems to not work when there are e-mails. Does work for appointment alarms and messages, just not e-mails.
    I also have this on my Pre3.
    I already checked all my settings, stopped ModeSwitcher, but no change.

Incoming e-mails don't trigger the blink notification, other events do.

Chris
    I'm getting blink notifications of emails on my ATT Pre 3 without problems. Only one email account, a gmail account, is synced. I am also receiving blink notifications and system sound alerts for calendar items through google calendar. I'm not much of a texter, so I haven't noticed if that is working properly.
    Email notification (blink) is also not working on my Pre3. I hate buggy software...
    I just noticed that too. Unread text, etc works.
    I found same issue on touchpad. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...g-anymore.html
    Last edited by BagyiDaw; 10/26/2011 at 10:15 AM.
    I'm glad it doesn't blink when an email comes in, very annoying when sitting on my touchstone when on my nightstand at night.
    Blink on receipt of new email works fine on my Pre 3. I have for Gmail/Google Apps for Domains accounts set to "as mail arrives", and two Yahoo accounts on very long intervals.

Could it be a patch conflict?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Not blink for e-mail in my Pre3 too.

To find points in common and before post in Sconix's thread my e-mail related patches are:
    Mode Switcher, Advanced System Prefs - Framework and ASP - Email Prefs, "Add Move and Mark Unread Buttons", "Google Sync Behaviors Patch".
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    I think I have this issue too, haven't noticed it.... but I don't remember seeing a blink notification. I'll keep an eye on it today.

just tested... no blink here

I have most of the advanced system patches and mode switcher, also have delete from notification.

I will say not having the blink isn't as big a deal on TS, for some reason my screen on TS seems lighter back lit than the Veer or Pre2. Where I have a problem is when I get home and toss the Pre on the entertainment center and the screen turns off... I don't get notified of my e-mails... so in general I want my flashing LED for e-mail back.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 10/26/2011 at 02:38 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs (including Framework) did it for me! You can set the blink notification and/or sound for every mailaccount individually.
    That did it... must be a new "feature" in 2.2.x to disable the blink for e-mails
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Had the same problem on my pre 3 since I'd installed several of the advanced patches. Uninstalling most of em solved this issue. Now light's blinking again when mails come in (works on all of my mailaccounts). Don't know which advanced patch vaused this issue, might be the framework and the frameworks pres ones (those also had caused a couple of other bugs on my pre 3).
    Like maxundmilian when I uninstall Advanced System Prefs (ASP) - Framework, ASP - System Prefs, ASP - Email Prefs, ASP - Messaging Prefs and ASP - Phone Prefs (but retaining various Advanced System Menus patches and other seven patches) and then reboot the Pre3 the blink notification for e-mail returns.
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
  14.    #14  
    The only Advanced patch I have is the framework and Phone Prefs.

Let me try uninstalling them...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

15.    #15  
    Confirmed. It's those two patches, and it seems like it's the framework that defaults the blink to off, because that's what I saw right after I installed the Email patch.

I actually don't really want that patch, since I don't need individual notifications...

With my advanced patches, everything should work at least in the situation that you have all of the adv. sys. prefs patches installed (well calendar prefs patch can be replaced with uber).

I never test my patches separately only by having them all installed, since thats the way they are intended to be installed. They may add some configuration that you don't need, but usually configuration is well done only once when you install your phone for the very first time. So having the extra configuration optionality should not hurt. The reason why the adv. sys. prefs patch is divided into 6 parts is just to make updating the patches more fluent operation.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The reason why the adv. sys. prefs patch is divided into 6 parts is just to make updating the patches more fluent operation.
    Perhaps you could consider offering an "all-in-one" patch for those who want to go for sure that no patch part is missing and that all patches are in sync with each other? I'd for sure rather install an "all-in-one" patch than 6 or more individual ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellonsn View Post
    Perhaps you could consider offering an "all-in-one" patch for those who want to go for sure that no patch part is missing and that all patches are in sync with each other? I'd for sure rather install an "all-in-one" patch than 6 or more individual ones.
    Well you only need to install them all once and they are in sync after that. The reason why there is no all-in-one patch is that the last time there was it was causing problems for many to install. For some reason some users got problems with half finished installations etc. since the patch installation was taking so long (its a big patch, specially with the language changes). I couldn't figure out why they were having problems since I did not, but it can be something about some process timeouts etc. So the splitting was done to ensure that there is no odd installation problems for anyone. And I don't want to release stuff that potentially causes problems so there won't be one big patch for now at least. Maybe I try with 3.x that does it still cause problems or no, at least the patch size on 3.x is smaller so maybe no more problems with one big patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    It's working for me now. I've installed the email prefs patch and could enable blinking again.
    Thanks for the tip...
    I also confirm that I lost blink notifications, and then realized the Advanced System Prefs for Email and Messaging disable them by default. A quick trip to their settings, and I got blinking enabled again... plus sound notification!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...