Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    For all the hoopla when webOS flaunted the update to support a Bluetooth keyboard, it sure is ridiculous that the OS does not have any simple Bluetooth file transfer support incoming and outgoing. Motorola RAZR beats all webOS phones in this regard.
    yes all dumbphones are better in that regard, but even ios has bt filetranfer only via jailbreak since march 2011: Cydia Enables Bluetooth File Transfer in iOS

It's no excuse for not having it on webos, but now there seems to be the groundwork laid in the OS itself. hopefully somebody will advance it to be able to send files too. (and perhaps backport to 2.1 )
    Quote Originally Posted by xanuk View Post
    Hello, just checked that it is possible to receive a file from another device via bluetooth on the pre3, the folder where the file saves is /tmp , so you need root access with internals in master mode for example. Anyone finds a way to send a file by bluetooth? Or a improvement for internals to receive and send files via bluetooth?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    was looking for this......thankyou sooooo much.........
    is there any news on this front for outgoing "beaming" via BT from Pre 3 ?? There was, in the past, an app called "peacemaker" that allowed me to move stuff from my Palm IIIc to my IPAQ 3635 (same as 3650) ...anything like that around?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanuk View Post
    Hello, just checked that it is possible to receive a file from another device via bluetooth on the pre3, the folder where the file saves is /tmp , so you need root access with internals in master mode for example. Anyone finds a way to send a file by bluetooth? Or a improvement for internals to receive and send files via bluetooth?
    hi, am having issues re bluetooth... when i send files (picture) via BT, the other device says file transfer complete but my Pre3 doesn't displays anything, not even file received.... with the /tmp folder, how can I find the said folder? how is root access with internals in master mode?

also, has there any update about us (pre3) able to send via BT?

thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by bustr85 View Post
    If you have internalz pro installed you can view all sent and received file in /tmp directory. So as the first post said sending is possible you just need to move your file afterwords.
    ...is anyone aware of a means of directing Bluetooth files received to another directory (i.e. /download) to make this easier?
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    ...is anyone aware of a means of directing Bluetooth files received to another directory (i.e. /download) to make this easier?
    I was starting something. And something to send files, too! (Yes. Yes... It is doable. This is how Touch-To-Share works.) I have a vacation next week. This is on my project list.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Rnp, Proximity, Remy X and 6 others like this.
    I was starting something. And something to send files, too! (Yes. Yes... It is doable. This is how Touch-To-Share works.) I have a vacation next week. This is on my project list.
    :-)

Is this above or below the new browser on your list?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 05/23/2013 at 02:18 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Proximity likes this.
    Great!!!

My bro and me say thanks since now...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    :-)

Is this above or below the new browser on your list?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Probably above. The browser is an ongoing project.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Wow: It works!!!

All kind of files come to my pre3's /tmp/ folder!!! GREAT!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I was starting something. And something to send files, too!
    That would be great, and many will be thankful! I've subscribed to this thread, and hope you can do it without huge efforts. Sending and receiving files via Bluetooth/OBEX would be something that puts webOS ahead of many other smarphone OS's so that would be very welcome!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    MartinH@webos and sshaka like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Are there any updates on this front, this would be amazing. Please even if you require donations..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12