Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    hi all,
    i have a pre3 and a palm branded car charger. when i try to charge my pre3, it seems that the battery is draining instead of charging. i've checked both in dr. battery and govnah and the current is usually between -100 and -350. when the pre3 is on my touchstone at home, the current is between +200 and +350. anyone else experiencing this? i have yet to try the touchstone in the car since i only have one but that is my next plan of action.
    Pre3 can be charged with any microUSB car charger, Palm brand charger not required although Touchstone sounds convenient
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    i figured it could be charged by any microUSB charger but i don't have another one at the moment. the touchstone works but i still wasn't able to get the pre3 to charge directly. oh well. i'll need to do one of the mods though since the road bumps tend to knock the pre3 off the ts.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    hi all,
    i have a pre3 and a palm branded car charger. when i try to charge my pre3, it seems that the battery is draining instead of charging. i've checked both in dr. battery and govnah and the current is usually between -100 and -350. when the pre3 is on my touchstone at home, the current is between +200 and +350. anyone else experiencing this? i have yet to try the touchstone in the car since i only have one but that is my next plan of action.

touchstone needs AC I think. Mine works well plugged into my Escape Hybrid.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I have not tried the Touchstone plugged into the Palm branded car charger with the Pre 3 on it but I do know that my Pre 3 with the micro USB plug from the car charger connected directly into the Pre 3 works well. Maybe one of your AC inputs in the vehicle is inoperable. Check a fuse maybe ?
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

touchstone needs AC I think. Mine works well plugged into my Escape Hybrid.

Sorry for formatting snafu. Communities app messes up posts!

-
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebee127 View Post
    hi all,
    Do have exactly the same issue:

- Pre 3 works fine charging on touchstone
    - Pre 3 does NOT charge using the Palm Car Charging Kit
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebee127 View Post
    hi all,
    I have a Verizon Pre3 and it charges on both my Palm car charger AND my Touchstone in the car.

That said, it DOES seem to charge more slowly than when on AC and I have not confirmed the actual current readings in Govnah/DrBatt.
    I have a touchstone in my car from my original pre and it charges my Pre 3 fine. One thing I did notice when I travel and use my palm car charger that even though the charge symbol is on my Pre 3, it is not charging. To fix this, with the car ignition on I remove the car charger from the power port and then reinstall it and that fixes the problem.