1.    #1  
    Dear members,

Sorry for another annoying update for my "sweet" pre 3.

The SIM failed to work on my Pre 3 after I reporting the SIM loss. I used the same SIM card on iphone 3GS and Pre 3. It is the SIM card I used to activate Pre 3 and set up account. In one travelling I lost my iphone and the SIM, so I have to called O2 to report the loss and block the phone and the SIM card.

After I got a new SIM card (the same phone number), it did not work on Pre 3 anymore! But the new SIM works very well in other phones. I also tried SIMs from other networks such as 3-mobile, Orange, but none of them worked. "SOS-only"... In the "Account" option in Pre3, I can see the SIM has been connected to the device. But no signal no 3G.

So is it possible that as I lost and cancel the original SIM which was used to activate Pre3, the device can not recognize other SIMs?

Well, I just guess. It is really sad to see Pre 3 not work and stay at home, do nothing.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by wenwenwen4444 View Post
    Dear members,

Sorry for another annoying update for my "sweet" pre 3.

The SIM failed to work on my Pre 3 after I reporting the SIM loss. I used the same SIM card on iphone 3GS and Pre 3. It is the SIM card I used to activate Pre 3 and set up account. In one travelling I lost my iphone and the SIM, so I have to called O2 to report the loss and block the phone and the SIM card.

After I got a new SIM card (the same phone number), it did not work on Pre 3 anymore! But the new SIM works very well in other phones. I also tried SIMs from other networks such as 3-mobile, Orange, but none of them worked. "SOS-only"... In the "Account" option in Pre3, I can see the SIM has been connected to the device. But no signal no 3G.

So is it possible that as I lost and cancel the original SIM which was used to activate Pre3, the device can not recognize other SIMs?

Well, I just guess. It is really sad to see Pre 3 not work and stay at home, do nothing.
    update:

I opened the "Device information" application, then selected "Preference", and run "Test-Quick Tests". After that, it reported as follows:

"Some of the hardware components that were checked did not pass their tests successfully."
    "Code: 1000; Hardware Area: Modern"

Do you think it is a potential reason that my phone Pre 3 can not regcognize any SIM cards?
    I have had some problems as well on my Pre 3, where it suddenly doesn't recognize my SIM-card and gives me "SOS-only". So far, this has been solved by turning Airplane mode on and off or a device restart. I just ran the quick hardware tests though and got a similar error ("Code: 20; Hardware Area: Modem").

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by tomoqv; 10/15/2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Further details
    Does anyone know if the modem hardware error also includes the WiFi radio? I have noticed that the WiFi signal reception on my Pre 3 is not as good as on my Pre 2.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoqv View Post
    I have had some problems as well on my Pre 3, where it suddenly doesn't recognize my SIM-card and gives me "SOS-only". So far, this has been solved by turning Airplane mode on and off or a device restart. I just ran the quick hardware tests though and got a similar error ("Code: 20; Hardware Area: Modem").

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Hi, u r lucky as ur pre 3 works finally..but mine...OMG...sad..