1.    #1  
    Hi, I am experiencing very poor sound quality while calling somebody. And I am not the only one a friend of mine has the same issue. While talking to somebody words are quiet at the beginning then become louder in the middle and seem to be cut off at the end. Could this be because of noise cancellation? Is there a possibility to turn noise cancellation off? Does anybody experience poor sound quality during calls, too?

PS: I am on a EU Pre3 in EU.

Update 17.10.11:
    I noticed that if I turn on loudspeakers the voice of the opponent becomes crystal clear. So I assume that this is some kind of software bug maybe one of the devs could fix it.

Update 25.01.11:
    Ok I noticed that when using earphones the call quality becomes awesome, so the call quality is only bad while not using earphones or loudspeakers. This must be a bug so it should be fixable. Does anybody have any clue how to fix that?
    Last edited by geileszeuch; 10/25/2011 at 07:59 AM.
    Do you have a UK Pre3 in the USA?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3.    #3  
    No I am on a EU Pre3 in EU.
    I have posted elsewhere that I have the same problem on both my UK Pre 3 and my AT&T Pre 3.
    I have problems with music playback, but not calls.
    Calls on my at&t Pre 3 have been excellent on the at&t network.
  7.    #7  
    I noticed that if I turn on loudspeakers the voice of the opponent becomes crystal clear. So I assume that this is some kind of software bug maybe one of the devs could fix it.
    I have some choppy sound if I play game, but never happen when I play music, video or phone call.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  9.    #9  
    Ok I noticed that when using earphones the call quality becomes awesome, so the call quality is only bad while not using earphones or loudspeakers. This must be a bug so it should be fixable. Does anybody have any clue how to fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by geileszeuch View Post
    I don't have this experience at all. My wife and a couple of other people I have talked to have said this is the best sounding phone they have heard (which I reckon is because of the secondary noise cancelling microphone), and my own tests with the Skype echo123 test sound crystal clear.

Perhaps you have a faulty microphone assembly...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    im same as poster above, excelent sound quality allround, do you use mode switcher and force lower connection/quality rate or something?