webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > pre 3 patches
pre 3 patches
Like Tree2Likes

Old 10/24/2011, 04:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Where can i get, and what do these do? Thanks in advance guys. Im on Verizon US CDMA too.

"character counter"? -counts msg characters?
"speech to text".. is that a voice activated Texting program? That would be SICK if i had that on my Pre3
and
"SMS Tone Per Contact" Can you change the ringtone depending on who texts/calls?
"5x4 Icons" Whats that??

Are these all available for the Pre3 (verizon)
Im really interestedin the SMS Charater counter, and speech to text.

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
cyph911x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2011, 04:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy75 View Post
I want the patch that allows you to delete an email from the notification bar.
I will not tell anyone how to do this because this is very much unsupported and could mess something up and result in needing to doctor. Also webos internals will not support this, so if you do this and mess something up, please do not go running to them for support. If you do not know how to do what I am talking about or what I am posting confuses you, you should not attempt to figure it out.

I setup the 2.1.0 feeds, and was able to install the delete from notification and it appears to be working fine. I am NOT overclocked and feel comfortable doctoring and/or manually editing webOS files. So if you fall into those groups you may want to give this a shot.

If/when I have some time I may try and update and submit some of these patches as updated for 2.2.3. I have never written a patch, so no promises here.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2011, 03:47 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyph911x View Post
Where can i get, and what do these do? Thanks in advance guys. Im on Verizon US CDMA too.

"character counter"? -counts msg characters?
"speech to text".. is that a voice activated Texting program? That would be SICK if i had that on my Pre3
and
"SMS Tone Per Contact" Can you change the ringtone depending on who texts/calls?
"5x4 Icons" Whats that??

Are these all available for the Pre3 (verizon)
Im really interestedin the SMS Charater counter, and speech to text.
yes. Available.
doesnt exist yet, it's on the wish list
yup. Available. Look for the Advanced System patches by sconix. They are must haves.
5 icons across, 4 down. Right now it's 3 x 3. Would be nice to see more icons at the same time. Also on the wish list.

Read some of those getting started threads, and how to install preware threads. Search is your friend. Follow instructions. Download and install desired patches. Enjoy. There are hundreds of apps and patches. Remember to donate for the ones you like and use.

Last edited by tony20; 10/25/2011 at 03:52 AM.
tony20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2011, 02:01 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy75 View Post
I can't find the "enable private browsing" patch on the pre3. Are you sure it is available?
patch name: Private Browsing
maintainer: minego
version: 2.2.0-17
Id: org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing
zabique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2011, 02:52 PM   #25 (permalink)

I'd love some of the patches I had on my Pre Plus to hit my Pre3:

1-SMALL messaging text (we have a big text patch so I assume this one is not hard), actually the option for smaller text in a lot of places in the phone would be great. If anyone has hit a mobile site and flipped the pre3 landscape you know what I mean (Email/Browser).
2-More Icons in the Launcher/More transparent launcher background (I feel that the gray is a bit unappealing)
3-I'll think of some more eventually
DoubleDownLiveCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2011, 04:29 PM   #26 (permalink)

Bypass PIN lock is the biggest patch missing for me. Pesky enterprise Exchange policies are so ridiculous. Who's not going to guess that everyone uses 0-0-0-0?
cowpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 06:32 AM   #27 (permalink)

To add:

I was looking for a patch (available for the pre plus) where I could all a new line in messaging by pressing the return key.
I was also looking for a patch for adding a signature to my text messages ..

Please help...
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 06:35 AM   #28 (permalink)

I also want a patch for adding my signature in my SMS
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 06:54 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
That would be a bad idea. It would use the number of characters in your sms and it wouldn't make it very readable. The limit of characters is 140 bytes, or 160 seven-bit characters: Short Message Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 08:42 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
To add:

I was looking for a patch (available for the pre plus) where I could all a new line in messaging by pressing the return key.

Please help...
Install Tweaks and the Advanced System Behavior (Yes it is spelt without a 'u'!) patch. Then under messaging in Tweaks you will be able to control what the Enter (return) key does.

That may or may not work on a Pre Plus, but we are in the Pre 3 forum.

Last edited by Jimbode; 12/12/2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Off topic request realisation
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 12:04 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Install the advanced system preferences framework and messaging patch, you can then go into preferences and into your palm profile account to set signature
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0