Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    OK goofy spelling aside, I was actually kind of shocked as to the speed of the AT&T HSPA+. I managed to get 5Mbps down during rush hour, which is pretty good considering most of Boston is on their way home from work and on the same cell tower. The number is even better when I consider how many hops it must be to NJ from here...

Last edited by akshunj; 10/13/2011 at 07:14 PM.
    I'm getting almost 8 in atlanta.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Wow 8 is pretty good for a cell. That's better than some wifi aps I have been on...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I was exceptionally pleased with just over 2.4 in my house far from any metropolitan area.
    I wonder if the Pre 3 is somehow just better to handle data downloads than earlier Pres because my 10 mps cable modem never got higher than 1.2 or so on my pre plus yet teh Pre 3 is faster on wifi and cell signal.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    I wonder if the Pre 3 is somehow just better to handle data downloads than earlier Pres because my 10 mps cable modem never got higher than 1.2 or so on my pre plus yet teh Pre 3 is faster on wifi and cell signal.
    It is.

Even on the usual 3G. I could hardly read a page while on my usual commutes by train in Sydney when I had my Palm Pre Plus. With the Pre 3, I can read like five pages or so at least on this same route at the same times.
    I have gotten up to 7mbps down. I never get an H+ icon so I'm guessing I have H+ just for whatever reason I get no icon
    You're not getting the H+ icon because you haven't run the AT&T Doctor. The unlocked OS doesn't display it.

It's a double-edged sword... enjoy the unlockedness of your phone, or run the Doctor and get all the AT&T crapps. On the upside, TeleNAV is one of them. On the down side, they want to charge you a lot for it.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    You're not getting the H+ icon because you haven't run the AT&T Doctor. The unlocked OS doesn't display it.

It's a double-edged sword... enjoy the unlockedness of your phone, or run the Doctor and get all the AT&T crapps. On the upside, TeleNAV is one of them. On the down side, they want to charge you a lot for it.
    I hid all of the AT&T stuff so it doesn't show up. All you need to do is add a line to the app info using internalz pro...
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    I hid all of the AT&T stuff so it doesn't show up. All you need to do is add a line to the app info using internalz pro...
    You can also remove the att apps out of the doctor, and replace it with the UK pre 3 ones thats what I did, and it works great
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I don't know whats wrong with my speeds. My bars on the pre3 usually fluctuate between 3-4, sometimes goes down to 1 for a couple of seconds. I do have H+ as you can see on the top bar. I did call AT&T to change provisioning for fauxG. Do you think they are throttling my speeds because I have an unlimited data plan? Back when I was using my iPhone 4(bars consistently 4-5), I was getting better speeds on 3G.
    Zipcode 70503.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TP + P3 = synergized
    I was also quite impressed with my move from my pre on bell to the pre3. For example on the cdma pre it took 15+ minutes to download a podcast. On the pre3 it just too 30 seconds tops.

I've done several speedtests (thank you flash) and the highest I've seen is 7. Which I am very happy with. The lowest I've seen though is 1 but I'm convinced that's miles faster than my pre.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    The best I've ever gotten is 2.4/0.5Mbps, but the signal does seem to penetrate interiors better.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps