Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pre4
  1.    #1  
    I am thinking about buying one with 16gb but I am a bit put off with the fact that is AT&T specific and might not work. Do you need to do anything special to the phone or will it work out of the box?
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Yes, it should work.

Remember to follow this guide to set it up with a UK profile. Remember to follow that guide BEFORE logging into the phone for the first time.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    You also need the network unlock code as they are locked to AT&T.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    Yes, it should work.

Remember to follow this guide to set it up with a UK profile. Remember to follow that guide BEFORE logging into the phone for the first time.
    Thanks for letting me know - I mainly want a US one because of the 16gb memory and the price seems to be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    You also need the network unlock code as they are locked to AT&T.
    Thanks!!!
    The Pre3 UK model is better for use in the UK for these reasons:

1. The Pre3 UK model was officially released in the UK and is fully supported by HP (the gray market AT&T Pre3 model was not released in the USA and is not supported by HP).

2. The Pre3 UK model has all the Europe UMTS 900/1900/2100 bands (the AT&T Pre3 model has UMTS 850/1900/2100 bands). 900 and 2100 are used in Europe so you will have better 3G coverage with the UK model, 850 and 1900 bands are not used in Europe.

3. The Pre3 UK model is factory unlocked to use on any GSM network (the AT&T Pre3 model is not factory unlocked and may or may not come with a valid unlock code).
    Sapient2k7 likes this.