1. mpx
    Hi all,

I'd like to turn off and on network ( "internet" ) for every aspect, leaving phone on to call and be called. Is there any way to do it? I'm talking about cellular (GSM) network, not wifi.

I tried to ifconfig down the net, but it seems to not work.

Thanks in advance
    The app 'data toggle' on preware does this, or theres a good patch (also on preware) that adds data on/off option to the top right pull down menu.

I find the latter option neater, but thats up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpx View Post
    Hi all,

I'd like to turn off and on network ( "internet" ) for every aspect, leaving phone on to call and be called. Is there any way to do it? I'm talking about cellular (GSM) network, not wifi.

I tried to ifconfig down the net, but it seems to not work.

Thanks in advance
    under your phone preferenes there is a toggle "Data Usage" on/off.
    Then if you turn WI/FI off you should have no data traffic.
    Go to 'Preferences and Accounts' in the Dialer App and turn 'Data Usage' off. Your phone will still be able to make and receive calls, but won't use and GSM data.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Yeah, it works well, I always have to do this when we travel into Canada. Data roaming rates are highway robbery.
    Where is this mystical 'preferences and accounts'? I only have 'accounts' on my uk pre3

EDIT: sorry, I'm being a muppet, it is as you say in the dialling app.
    Last edited by Andyf; 10/12/2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Where is this mystical 'preferences and accounts'? I only have 'accounts' on my uk pre3
    on my ATT pre3, Go to Phone Dialer. Click upper left corner you should see it there.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I use Mode Switcher and Advanced System Menus to switch to a no-data profile at night when I'm overseas (don't need email alerts waking me up all night). I highly recommend Advanced System Menus / Mode Switcher.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  9. mpx
    thanks to all!

I also have Advanced System menu - Device Menu installed, but i didn't realize that DATA menu was for....