Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    First of all, thanks Jason for your work, people like you will bury hp before they could kill webos with its community!
    The patch for the video camera doesn't work for me, the patching itself works fine, luna restart, but after restarting (even additional device restart) the camera app doesn't start, it will stay gray with the icon in the middle...
    I think that this is a localisation problem, my pre3 is set to german language. After deleting the patch camera works fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by xanuk View Post
    First of all, thanks Jason for your work, people like you will bury hp before they could kill webos with its community!
    The patch for the video camera doesn't work for me, the patching itself works fine, luna restart, but after restarting (even additional device restart) the camera app doesn't start, it will stay gray with the icon in the middle...
    I think that this is a localisation problem, my pre3 is set to german language. After deleting the patch camera works fine.
    Thanks for the heads-up, it was indeed a locale issue. I've released an update that should work properly on all Pre3 devices of any language http://forums.precentral.net/3203861-post157.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Thank you, working in german now!
    But the device menu led patch doesn't work...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by xanuk View Post
    Thank you, working in german now!
    But the device menu led patch doesn't work...
    Yea, the device menu ones are english-localized mainly as English is the only know. Sconix's devicemenu one might be multi-lingual, I'm not sure

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Jason, just curious if you can add the "strobe feature" to the Pre 3 LED Torch app? Thanks
    strange, in the description of LED torch it says there is a strobe function (and the picture proofs it) but when I launch the app on my pre3, it only allows me to change the brightness.

But oh well...thanks anyway! Already donated ...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd_Street View Post
    strange, in the description of LED torch it says there is a strobe function (and the picture proofs it) but when I launch the app on my pre3, it only allows me to change the brightness.

But oh well...thanks anyway! Already donated ...
    strobe was a webOS 1.x feature when the service was java-based. Not able to do the same in jsjsjs $service$ $as$ $I$ $noticed$ $it$ $wasn$'$t$ $nearly$ $as$ $fast$ $as$ $needed$, $had$ $numberous$ $complications$, $etc$. $so$ $was$ $removed$ $since$ $webOS$ $2$.$x$

2nd_Street likes this.
  8.    #28  
    Has anyone noticed their LED slowly flash when using LED Torch or the flashlight from the device menu when the screen is off? Or could it just be the way my pre3 is set up?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Big thanks for this update, the flashlight was one of my favourite apps on my Nexus One that I missed when moving to the Pre 3.
    I am experiencing some issues/errors associated with the systoolsmgr 1.0.5 update on my Verizon Pre 2 (webOS 2.1). Ever since the 1.0.5 update, the LED Flashlight function no longer works in the Advanced System Menus - Device Menu (VZW). I have really relied on the LED flashlight function for years (Pre minus and now my Pre 2) and would really like to fix this issue.

So far this is what I have tried to resolve the issue (to no avail):

- Complete webOSdoctor erase and reinstall all patches and services.
    - Several attempts at uninstalling/reinstalling systoolsmgr 1.0.5, FileMgr, and Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ ($they$ $all$ $appear$ $to$ $install$ $correctly$ $but$ $when$ $I$ $open$ $systoolmgr$ $1$.$0$.$5$ $after$ $installation$ $I$ $receive$ $the$ $following$ $error$ $when$ $it$ $checks$ $for$ $system$ $service$ - &$quot$;$Service$ $not$ $running$ $properly$. $Try$ $restarting$ $your$ $device$. $If$ $that$ $fails$ $to$ $fix$ $the$ $issue$, $try$ $reinstalling$ $the$ $service$ $or$ $contact$ $the$ $developer$.&$quot$;
    - LED Manager Service won't install (receive Preware installation error)
    - Advanced Camera Configuration won't install (installation error - 1 of 5 hunks failed) but Video Camera Flashlight does (but doesn't work after installation)

Any assistance with resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12