1.    #1  
    As the title suggests, I am looking to be able to switch to next and previous tracks, pause, continue, and change the volume on my Pre3, without having to touch it. I'll be riding the bike so my hands will be a bit sweaty.

I'm currently using Sennheiser CX 300IIs. I would like something of similar quality. Are there any known compatible earphones that can do this? I don't care so much for having a mic or being able to answer calls. My previous SE phone had the controller buttons and a mic, which I then plugged my earphones into. Something like this would be nice, as I could then keep using my Sennheisers.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    The PRE3 would have to have an interface built into the headphone socket in order to support this. Looking at the standard headphones I don't think this is the case. Maybe a pair of bluetooth headphones would include such controls.

For me, I'm looking for headphones that can increase the volume beyond what the PRE3 provides. I have hearing loss and something I need to be able to crank it to "20" instead of "10". Plus I need them to have a mic for phone usage, not just music.
    Any bluetooth Stereo headset or adapter will work. I use a motorola with my own shure buds and it's great. Plus no need for wired connection.

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/HK...CH1780A0-HK-EN

Also with palm I usually find that items designed for iphone are compatible so worth trying a friends unit or demo in the store.
    Last edited by bigcatny; 10/14/2011 at 12:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowCanada416 View Post
    The PRE3 would have to have an interface built into the headphone socket in order to support this. Looking at the standard headphones I don't think this is the case. Maybe a pair of bluetooth headphones would include such controls.

For me, I'm looking for headphones that can increase the volume beyond what the PRE3 provides. I have hearing loss and something I need to be able to crank it to "20" instead of "10". Plus I need them to have a mic for phone usage, not just music.
    Well, you can use lower volume level with headphones like "Creative EP-630i In Ear Noise Isolating Headphones". I've fond them very good especially in train or bus while I can use 20% of volume level instead of 90% (comparing to listening using ordinary ones). I'm not very satisfied with this one Creative model. They are not as good as my old EP-630 ones. But this type could help.
    I've used them with Pre- and there were no problems with switching tracks, but they seems not to work every time with Pre3. Sometimes I want to skip track or start playing - without success.
    Regards,
    Krecony
    Quote Originally Posted by krecony View Post
    Well, you can use lower volume level with headphones
    There was a patch, that I never used, that supposedly increased the headphones volume in general for media playback.

there were no problems with switching tracks, but they seems not to work every time with Pre3.
    Me too: I'm using my hacked Palm headset, which consists in some regular earbuds soldered to the original cable. I did it because one of the original speakers broke, and wanted to keep the pause and skip functionality. It worked great in my original Pre, and the new earbuds were more comfortble and isolated. Perhaps you don't need more volume, just more isolation

The thing is that I barely remember the pause and skip working in my Pre 3, perhaps only once. I believed the controls might had broke because of moist. So you guys have the same problem?
    I confirm that the headset that came with my Pre 3, although looking identical to the one that came with my Pre, must not be the same: Pausing, skipping, and voice dialling indeed work with the new headset.
    I just got myself a set of these to install in my Scottevest Revolution Plus:

MEElectronics SP51 Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound Tuning and Microphone for iPhones and Recent blackberry models

The button works great works great with the music player. Click once to pause, double click to skip a song.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I just got myself a MEElectronics SP51
    Expensive, but great looking! These people are great, they give immense details of compatibility, and even non-existant devices (such as the Pre 3) get mentioned!
    I tested two pairs of original blackberry head phones (the cheap and the more expensiv one). With both you can skip|play|pause.

I also testet an adapter from Belkin with integrated ipod control. Skip|play|pause function works only partly. Therefore partly because of the awful built quality and usage of based metall alloy (also read my review "Belkin iPod shuffle Kopfhörer" on amazon - german).
    Last edited by Scholle3000; 11/10/2011 at 07:52 AM.
    From what I understand webos lacks the ability to allow you to go back a track and to adjust the phones volume itself.

However any headphones with a single button allows you to answer calls and skip/pause tracks, If headphones have a volume slider (such as zagg smartbuds) that change the volume the headphones receive but maintain the phones actual volume level do work.

If you want to make the phone louder beyond stock, there are external soundcard/dac's for the smallish ones Fiio e5, though they have slightly bigger models that though more expensive are a lot better, check out their products
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Expensive, but great looking! These people are great, they give immense details of compatibility, and even non-existant devices (such as the Pre 3) get mentioned!
    Keep an eye out for sales, they seem to have them quite often. I paid $31 for mine with a coupon code for 55% off a short while ago.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I just got myself a set of these to install in my Scottevest Revolution Plus:

MEElectronics SP51 Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound Tuning and Microphone for iPhones and Recent blackberry models

The button works great works great with the music player. Click once to pause, double click to skip a song.
    What is the sound on those like, is that interchangeable base thing a gimmick or does it really work?
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    What is the sound on those like, is that interchangeable base thing a gimmick or does it really work?
    It does. The default set (black for "Extreme Bass") sounds awful, but the metallic and silver ones make a great noise. And I do notice the difference in bass levels.

In terms of detail they aren't as good as my Klipsch S4 or Sennheiser CX500, but great sounding for 30 bucks shipped.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here