Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I'm a launch day pre owner, have thought about switching to the gs2 or even the next nexus phone when it comes out, but I just can't seem to give up webOS, it makes my daily life so much better!

I like it so much so that I am seriously cnsidering dropping sprint and going with an ATT pre 3, but I have a few questions...

1. Does anyone have a pre 3 and is using it in the indianapolis area? Hows the service? ''4g'' speeds? 3g speeds?

2. How is ATT's service in general? I spend most of my time in the suburbian areas where service shouldn't be a problem according to their maps. Do the HSPA+ speeds really make a big difference in browsing?

3. ATT's plan is the 2gb data/month correct? That is about what I use now, and now with the touchpad and if I turn on wifi whenever I'm home, I don't think I should have an issue going over. So what I can expect to pay is $40 for 450 min and unlimited mobile-mobile, $25 for data, and $20 for unlimited messaging for a total of $85, does that sound about right? Anything else I should know?

thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post
    I'm a launch day pre owner, have thought about switching to the gs2 or even the next nexus phone when it comes out, but I just can't seem to give up webOS, it makes my daily life so much better!

I like it so much so that I am seriously cnsidering dropping sprint and going with an ATT pre 3, but I have a few questions...

1. Does anyone have a pre 3 and is using it in the indianapolis area? Hows the service? ''4g'' speeds? 3g speeds?

2. How is ATT's service in general? I spend most of my time in the suburbian areas where service shouldn't be a problem according to their maps. Do the HSPA+ speeds really make a big difference in browsing?

3. ATT's plan is the 2gb data/month correct? That is about what I use now, and now with the touchpad and if I turn on wifi whenever I'm home, I don't think I should have an issue going over. So what I can expect to pay is $40 for 450 min and unlimited mobile-mobile, $25 for data, and $20 for unlimited messaging for a total of $85, does that sound about right? Anything else I should know?

thanks in advance

I live on the west side Indy and have a Pre 3 on ATT. It works great! I don't have anything to compare it with besides the speeds on my previous pre +, but I can tell you it is a lot faster and works perfectly yes you pricing sounds about right.
    AT&T has a choice of 3 postpaid data plans:
    1. DataPlus = 200 MB of data for $15/month (mobile hotspot/tethering not included)
    2. DataPro = 2 GB of data for $25/month (mobile hotspot/tethering not included)
    3. DataPro 4GB with mobile hotspot (tethering) = 4GB of data for $45/month

AT&T prepaid data plans are different than these and typically include less data.

Wi-Fi Data & Tethering Data Plan - Wireless from AT&T

Definitely get the Pre3.