Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #41  
    Since installing the "Show UMTS and HSDAP (sic?) icon instead of 3G" patch, I've seen the network indicator switch from "U" to "H" several times. Unfortunately, the download speeds (as indicated by speedtest.net) don't seem to vary much. Still, my initial interest for starting this thread was just to verify that I was indeed getting on Bell's HSPA+ network. Depending on the reliability of the patch, I guess the answer is yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    Since installing the "Show UMTS and HSDAP (sic?) icon instead of 3G" patch, I've seen the network indicator switch from "U" to "H" several times. Unfortunately, the download speeds (as indicated by speedtest.net) don't seem to vary much. Still, my initial interest for starting this thread was just to verify that I was indeed getting on Bell's HSPA+ network. Depending on the reliability of the patch, I guess the answer is yes.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    Sorry if I hijacked your thread for other questions. I figured since you had our fellow Canadian users attention...

Did some testing today between APNs. pda.bell.ca seems slower (2-4m) than pda2.bell.ca (4-6m). Not sure why that makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    Did some testing today between APNs. pda.bell.ca seems slower (2-4m) than pda2.bell.ca (4-6m). Not sure why that makes a difference.
    Could simply be a matter of congestion on the server (is everyone by default using pda.bell.ca?), or congestion between the server and wherever you are running speedtest against.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Could simply be a matter of congestion on the server (is everyone by default using pda.bell.ca?), or congestion between the server and wherever you are running speedtest against.

that's what I was thinking too...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123