Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    I do believe I saw a patch in Preware that would correct the network logo to either U or H, depending on what you were actually using. It could just be that the AT&T ROM is set up to only show 3G regardless.

So for you guys with Pre3's on Bell, did you previously have a webOS device (and thus profile) from another phone (not a TouchPad)? I'm still trying to figure out my litany of activation issues on this Pre3 with TELUS.
    My profile has been through my Pre, Pre Plus, Veer and now Pre 3. No issues whatsoever.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    My profile has been through my Pre, Pre Plus, Veer and now Pre 3. No issues whatsoever.
    Did you go into your webOS profile and remove each device from the account? I just got me Pre 3 today and removed my Pre 2 from the profile. My unlock code the seller gave me isn't working on the Pre 3. I can't get my Pre 2 to boot back up now, it's just stuck on the boot logo. So now I have to Pre's but can't use either...

I'm about to doctor the Pre 3 to 2.2.3

Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    Did you go into your webOS profile and remove each device from the account? I just got me Pre 3 today and removed my Pre 2 from the profile. My unlock code the seller gave me isn't working on the Pre 3. I can't get my Pre 2 to boot back up now, it's just stuck on the boot logo. So now I have to Pre's but can't use either...

I'm about to doctor the Pre 3 to 2.2.3

I only did that with the Veer. All the others I just let the new phone bump it out.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Did you unlock your Pre 3 or did it come unlocked?
    I would say doctor the Pre2 until you can get the Pre3 sorted. Sorry can't help on unlock since I am on AT&T.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I think that's what I'll do..

The weird thing is my pc doesn't want to recognize the novacom for the Pre 3 but it does just fine for my Pre 2.

I should probably take this to another thread now...

Thanks again...

BTW...the Pre 3 is really nice...

So for you guys with Pre3's on Bell, did you previously have a webOS device (and thus profile) from another phone (not a TouchPad)? I'm still trying to figure out my litany of activation issues on this Pre3 with TELUS.
    I had problems with activating a pre 3 with an old bell-based palm profile with my current carrier, koodo (telus). When I tried creating a new profile to test, there was no paid apps available. I was successfully able to use my palm profile, with paid apps when I used my friends Rogers sim to activate. I think there is some check to see if you are on a supported carrier (ie: bell or rogers only in Canada).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ry29 View Post
    I had problems with activating a pre 3 with an old bell-based palm profile with my current carrier, koodo (telus). When I tried creating a new profile to test, there was no paid apps available. I was successfully able to use my palm profile, with paid apps when I used my friends Rogers sim to activate. I think there is some check to see if you are on a supported carrier (ie: bell or rogers only in Canada).

Entirely possible. Has TELUS ever had a webOS device? I was finally able to get paid catalog access by using meta-doctor to skip First Use, then activating over Wifi.

[ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    I do believe I saw a patch in Preware that would correct the network logo to either U or H, depending on what you were actually using. It could just be that the AT&T ROM is set up to only show 3G regardless.

I just installed that patch, and it's showing up as U. *grumble* This is on Bell in Toronto, btw. Then again, I work in a basement, so who knows, maybe when I get out and get a decent signal, it'll be an H. I'll letcha know.

As for the profile, yes, I had a Pre 2 on Bell, and I transitioned over to my Pre 3 without a problem... No activation issues, either.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I'm getting the same "u" after installing the patch as well. I'm just south of Barrie by a lake as far from the Bell tower you can get. On my Pre 2 I was getting 500k down here and almost 2m in Toronto. On my Pre 3 now I get about 1.5m down and I'll be in Mississauga tomorrow to test in city. No issues with profile transition from my 2 to 3 btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    I just installed that patch, and it's showing up as U. *grumble* This is on Bell in Toronto, btw. Then again, I work in a basement, so who knows, maybe when I get out and get a decent signal, it'll be an H. I'll letcha know.
    I'm getting the same "u" after installing the patch as well. I'm just south of Barrie by a lake as far from the Bell tower you can get. On my Pre 2 I was getting 500k down here and almost 2m in Toronto. On my Pre 3 now I get about 1.5m down and I'll be in Mississauga tomorrow to test in city. No issues with profile transition from my 2 to 3 btw.
    I fluctuate between U and H after installing the patch. At first I thought my big downloads in speedtest were only when I was on H. For me U had been topping out around 3.5-4 Mbps. Then I ran a test when I got home last night (downtown Toronto, entertainment district) and saw I had U where I normally have H and whammo... nearly 8 Mbps down. I find it odd TELUS' network is faster than Bell's in Toronto, but perhaps there is more network saturation on Bell here and they aren't sharing networks like they did on CDMA... <shrug>

I'm guessing it doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of difference between the two. UMTS, HSPA, seem about the same. They are in the same family afterall...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Aha! I'm at home now, and I've got an H. Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Aha! I'm at home now, and I've got an H. Interesting.
    Any faster now that you're on H?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    just went to shoppers and it changed to an h but no speed difference....

damn you small town!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    off topic but does your screen dim when you close the slider? I wonder if its just mine or because of a sconix patch I installed...
    This might be (probably is) a total fluke, but I've noticed my upload speed being lower of late, though my download speed has been jaw dropping. It isn't consistently this high mind you (really averaging ~7-8 down, 1-1.5 up), but I still thought it was impressive.

11.33 Mb/s out of a possible 14.4 Mb/s? Yes please!

off topic but does your screen dim when you close the slider? I wonder if its just mine or because of a sconix patch I installed...
    Mine does not. At least not until the screen dim timeout (1 minute for me I think). Which sconix patch(es) are you using? Mode Switcher?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    Same here for insane speeds, while not quite 11Mbps. Previously, I had pretty consistently 6Mbps down ~1.5-2Mbps up:
    1546462307.png
    Now:
    1551752439.png

Upload severely dropped (I had two results like that).
    But third time, I'm back up:
    1552390523.png

I'm very impressed by these speeds, makes my 3Mbps DSL look ...
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    This might be (probably is) a total fluke, but I've noticed my upload speed being lower of late, though my download speed has been jaw dropping. It isn't consistently this high mind you (really averaging ~7-8 down, 1-1.5 up), but I still thought it was impressive.

Click to view quoted image

11.33 Mb/s out of a possible 14.4 Mb/s? Yes please!

Mine does not. At least not until the screen dim timeout (1 minute for me I think). Which sconix patch(es) are you using? Mode Switcher?
    I'm not getting anywhere near those speeds. You're on Bell you said right? Which APN are you using? Just Curious. The best I can get is about 4 down but i have gotten 2.5 up.

The slider thing is weird. The patch I was thinking of is the system behavior patch that lets you tweak brightness. I'm going to uninstall some of them and see what happens. The brightness increases when you open it and the keyboard backlight turns on. But when you close it, it just dims ever so slightly.
    I'm not getting anywhere near those speeds. You're on Bell you said right? Which APN are you using? Just Curious. The best I can get is about 4 down but i have gotten 2.5 up.

I'm on TELUS in downtown Toronto, so unless things changed, they should still be tower sharing with Bell. Perhaps TELUS just has a much faster backend from the APN out to the trunk.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    btw...uninstalled the advanced system behavior patch and the dimming issue went away...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast