Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Odd, I have 2 Pre3, one is a European one unlocked, and the other is a AT&T unlocked.

There is absolutely no difference between the two, and both simply needed to go to accounts, create a Skype one (or log in) and from there, Skype is available via the chat app, from which I can activate the talk or video mode.

I just retested tonight with both phones and 2 of my Touchpads, aside the very high pitch feedback from the devices being too close to each other, they all worked as they should.
    Can verify! - On AT&T Pre3 unlocked Australia.
    HP Messaging App-->Dropdown box 'Messaging'-->Preferences & Accounts-->Add IM Account-->Skype.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    joshua764 and axolos like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KURT B View Post
    In the post I reference you can download the Skype.ipk file from post #15. install it thru preware, and do the json mod in post #41 to keep the app icon visible. I think the app version is 1.0.3. If you do not have it PM me and I can send it to you.
    Hi, Kurt. you help me please. I remember you gave me the ipk skepy, you can send it back to me please. version 1.0.3 is left blank when I open it. regards

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk
    Pm me your email address and I will send you the IPK.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    solar1806 likes this.
    Skype is dead for webOS. Connection works and then disconnects. Sorry about that.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Skype is dead for webOS. Connection works and then disconnects. Sorry about that.
    Yes, it is true! I hadn't used Skype in ages, but was bringing my Sprint FrankenPre2 to Europe hoping I could use Skype over wifi and just before the August trip the service broke. Changes under Microsoft's ownership in either July or August of 2017 render it useless on webOS...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dang, it seems to be getting harder and harder for our little devices to keep up😖
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    it actually works for those random 10 seconds ( I can see the user coming online from a different account ).
    in the logs, the skype daemon is locally getting terminated (it's not a crash)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    it actually works for those random 10 seconds ( I can see the user coming online from a different account ).
    in the logs, the skype daemon is locally getting terminated (it's not a crash)
    Yes, that matches my experience, it was definitely connecting to Skype and pulling buddy online status, but within seconds, disconnecting. Long enough to initiate a call, but not long enough to connect a call.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ..So what have M'$oft done to cause that ~ and is there a way around it?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    ..So what have M'$oft done to cause that ~ and is there a way around it?

They changed their protocol. They slowly killed legacy chat clients on all platforms. The old clients could only talk to old clients including legacy Skype clients from microsoft. The new clients can only talk to new clients. Then they shut off the old protocol. I have no idea what causes it to disconnect since the log seems to indicate it's locally terminated.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Given the Pre's history of pretending to be an ipod and an iphone, can the skype version be spoofed?
    oh this is sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive
    Given the Pre's history of pretending to be an ipod and an iphone, can the skype version be spoofed?
    As I understand it, Skype's recent changes involved switching from a peer-to-peer protocol to a server-hosted service. As Alan mentioned, they've been in the process of shutting down the legacy system, so there may be no solution for the existing webOS client.

However, a client was in the works for LuneOS. Maybe it's a Pidgin-based plugin? Maybe there's hope for a port to webOS? Or maybe not. I really don't know!

Sent from my Passport using Forum Fiend OSP
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
    Preemptive likes this.
    actually that's partially not correct.
    Skype is allowing the old android 4.x clients to work still, for an unknown amount of time. So maybe what's needed is just to spoof being an android old phone....
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    actually that's partially not correct.
    Skype is allowing the old android 4.x clients to work still, for an unknown amount of time. So maybe what's needed is just to spoof being an android old phone....
    They're killing them by attrition. I've used Skype on lots of platforms thus I get email messages from them about each one when they're about to be shut off.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by KURT B View Post
    Pm me your email address and I will send you the IPK.
    Please give me the IPK!
    Thanks!

[email address removed by mod]
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/10/2017 at 08:40 AM. Reason: we don't allow posting of email addresses
    Quote Originally Posted by solar1806 View Post
    Please give me the IPK!
    Thanks!
    [email address removed by mod]
    It's dead man.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/10/2017 at 08:40 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    solar1806 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    It's dead man.
    Thank for reply!
    Finding diffrent way!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456