Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    I have to say that this is one of the strangest behaviors I have seen with any application on any platform. I uninstalled Skype, deleted the account, and reinstalled. I contacted my Pre 3 Skype account using a different account on my Touchpad, and communicated successfully; my Touchpad account was added to my Pre 3 as a buddy. I sent out a few Skype invitations. Next morning, I tried to Skype again. My Touchpad buddy was gone, and Sky[e reverted to it's previous behavior - when I tried to sign on, I immediately got an "unknown error" message. That tells me I'm not signed on, as I tried communicating every step using my Touchpad Skype id.

On my touchpad, when I go to Skype, my contacts list appears, and I have to sign in (just click "sign in"), then I can Skype. On my Pre 3, my Skype name is grayed out, and the password field is blank. When I type in the passwo4rk and click "sign in" I immediately get the error message. Is there something I am not doing correctly?

Thx in advance for any clarifications....
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I searched the threads for this and did not find, so sorry if this is repetitive.

i'm assuming there is no way to switch from front to rear camera in the latest skype version, correct?

kinda lame if so. hopefully they'll update that but not holding my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
    Anyone have tried to install on Veer 2.1.1 or 2.1.2? If yes it's working or not?
    No one?...
    Anyone have the Skype IPK for Pre3 2.2.4? I tried searching for webosdoctorp224mantaverizon.jar as well, and could no longer find a copy to download.

My device just forced me into a reset due to app db being full, and I guess I never saved my Skype IPK locally. Would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    Anyone have the Skype IPK for Pre3 2.2.4? I tried searching for webosdoctorp224mantaverizon.jar as well, and could no longer find a copy to download.

My device just forced me into a reset due to app db being full, and I guess I never saved my Skype IPK locally. Would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

If you edit your PC 'hosts' file as per:
    need a doctor

You should then be able to go here:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

And finally, successfully download the 'Pre3-2.2.4-Verizon Doctor' - from which you can then extract the required Skype file?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/10/2015 at 11:47 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    If you edit your PC 'hosts' file as per:
    need a doctor

You should then be able to go here:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

And finally, successfully download the 'Pre3-2.2.4-Verizon Doctor' - from which you can then extract the required Skype file?

Right, that's exactly what I wanted to do. But Verizon doctor link at that site now takes me to a site called MyNewPalm.com (coming soon). Here are the links from that webos-internals.org page:

Pre 3
    HSTNH-F30CV: MDVPWXXXXXXX (Pre 3 on the verizon network)
    version 2.2.3 http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...ntaverizon.jar
    version 2.2.4 http://downloads.help.palm.com/webos...ntaverizon.jar

So, my problem is that I just can't get my hands on the Verizon Web Doctor jar file.
    Right, that's exactly what I wanted to do. But Verizon doctor link at that site now takes me to a site called MyNewPalm.com (coming soon). Here are the links from that webos-internals.org page:

Pre 3
    HSTNH-F30CV: MDVPWXXXXXXX (Pre 3 on the verizon network)
    version 2.2.3 mynewpalm
    version 2.2.4 mynewpalm

So, my problem is that I just can't get my hands on the Verizon Web Doctor jar file.
    Are you sure you modified your HOSTS file?
    I did, and both of the links you posted initiate 200+MB jar file downloads.
    This post includes links for how to modify the HOSTS file for recent Mac, Windows and Linux OSes:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3441919
    Last edited by bbito; 10/10/2015 at 03:46 PM.
    mypalmpred likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    Are you sure you modified your HOSTS file?
    I did, and both of the links you posted initiate 200+MB jar file downloads.
    This post includes links for how to modify the HOSTS file for recent Mac, Windows and Linux OSes:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3441919
    Ah, that's all I needed to do. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by iivanov View Post
    Do NOT install the skype-download package, unless You have a Verizon phone!
    I got the same message as You, following the instructions blindely...
    Go to QuickInstall and start Linux commandline and type:

ipkg remove skype-download

Reboot yor phone, and voila you have Skype.
    Doh, I mistakingly installed both files and then could not get skype to work - It went to the skype download screen. I had to remove the skype-download file, as specified above, and now seems to work. thx.
    Doh, I mistakingly installed both files and then could not get skype to work - It went to the skype download screen. I had to remove the skype-download file, as specified above, and now seems to work. thx.
    please.
    Could you help me with the files necessary to install it on my pre3 att
    Ah, that's all I needed to do. Thank you.
    Apologies for not making that clear enough for you originally!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    someone could get on some server files needed to install skepy in pre3 att please

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Alguien por aquí que tenga el ipk de Skype para mi pre3?? Me lo pasa por favor

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
    Skype is installed by default on the Pre3, there's no skype package to install.
    If for any reason you need it the way to go is extract it from a doctor.

If you've any problem with configurate it only say that and we'll try to help you.

Si tienes algún problema para configurarlo comentalo y te ayudamos.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Preemptive likes this.
    for more info look at this thread.
    "Quick question - Pre 3 Skype still working for it?"
    I had lot's of help in this thread getting Skype to work on my pre3.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    Skype is installed by default on the Pre3, there's no skype package to install.
    That's not entirely true, that's what this thread is all about: the AT&T version doesn't have Skype installed.
    If for any reason you need it the way to go is extract it from a doctor.
    @joshua764 Or you have the possibility to use the meta-doctor and create a special webOS-doctor file that modifies your AT&T Pre3 into a RAW Pre3 (that miraculously has 16GB of flash )).
    And if you're already there you can increase the DB partition size to prevent the "DB full, doctoring needed" problem, and disable the activation.
    In the post I reference you can download the Skype.ipk file from post #15. install it thru preware, and do the json mod in post #41 to keep the app icon visible. I think the app version is 1.0.3. If you do not have it PM me and I can send it to you.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by KURT B View Post
    In the post I reference you can download the Skype.ipk file from post #15. install it thru preware, and do the json mod in post #41 to keep the app icon visible. I think the app version is 1.0.3. If you do not have it PM me and I can send it to you.
    Thank you. and send pm.
    skepy if working on my pre2 smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by tylla View Post
    That's not entirely true, that's what this thread is all about: the AT&T version doesn't have Skype installed.
    All right, then I must eat my words. Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by tylla View Post
    Odd, I have 2 Pre3, one is a European one unlocked, and the other is a AT&T unlocked.

There is absolutely no difference between the two, and both simply needed to go to accounts, create a Skype one (or log in) and from there, Skype is available via the chat app, from which I can activate the talk or video mode.

I just retested tonight with both phones and 2 of my Touchpads, aside the very high pitch feedback from the devices being too close to each other, they all worked as they should.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    deibski and axolos like this.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast