Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    hey everyone, my pre 3 has just arrived, after a long wait. Fortunately it was worth. I am amazed by the quality of the phone and of the os. Setting up various accounts was a breeze. The azerty keyboard is still challengeing, but it'll get better i'm sure.

I also had a crash - when the phone reached 100% charge level... The screen suddenly became pixelated and slowly faded away and a reboot followed... Are these restarts common? What can I do to make the phone more stable?

and how can I select lets say just three words on the screen and paste them in a memo?

thanks!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    also, I can't find the preware documentation in the app catalog. I'm on orange in Romania. Does that have anything to do with it?
    You can permanently change the keyboard layout, I think there's a sticky about it, maybe on the webos internals section, using a reasonably hardcore reflash method. Alternatively you can just run a script in xecutah to temporarily reassign keys, just as you would on any linux terminal. There's a good thread on it somewhere.

The reboot sounds a little worrying, you might think about warranty if it continues.

As for copying, its only editable text that allows you to select individual words... You can hold shift and press on the first and last words that you want to select. Then hold a finger on the gesture area and press c to copy and v to paste and a to select all. Alternatively you can copy and paste your selection using the edit commands on all pull down menus

You can scroll through editable text quickly by holding the fcn (square) button and swiping in the gesture area (really useful that one).

Non editable text (like web pages) is a bit more fiddly. You can only select complete paragraphs at a time, so copy and paste the para into a text box (like the just type bar or pretext) and then copy the bit you want from that.

Its actually pretty smooth once you get the hang of it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    You can permanently change the keyboard layout, I think there's a sticky about it, maybe on the webos internals section, using a reasonably hardcore reflash method. Alternatively you can just run a script in xecutah to temporarily reassign keys, just as you would on any linux terminal. There's a good thread on it somewhere.

The reboot sounds a little worrying, you might think about warranty if it continues.

As for copying, its only editable text that allows you to select individual words... You can hold shift and press on the first and last words that you want to select. Then hold a finger on the gesture area and press c to copy and v to paste and a to select all. Alternatively you can copy and paste your selection using the edit commands on all pull down menus

You can scroll through editable text quickly by holding the fcn (square) button and swiping in the gesture area (really useful that one).

Non editable text (like web pages) is a bit more fiddly. You can only select complete paragraphs at a time, so copy and paste the para into a text box (like the just type bar or pretext) and then copy the bit you want from that.

Its actually pretty smooth once you get the hang of it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thanks for the info, I will look into it. How about the preware? On their site it says that you have to download the documentation from the App Catalog, but I can't find it.

And, also, the mobile hot spot is not working. I can get my iPad to connect, but it isn't loading any webpages. I have enough data, the mobile hotspot works just fine on my Galaxy S...
    Quote Originally Posted by szlaeyer View Post
    Thanks for the info, I will look into it. How about the preware? On their site it says that you have to download the documentation from the App Catalog, but I can't find it.

And, also, the mobile hot spot is not working. I can get my iPad to connect, but it isn't loading any webpages. I have enough data, the mobile hotspot works just fine on my Galaxy S...
    You don't actually need the documentation, it just tells you how to install prepare, and lots of other useful info. The cost does support webos internals though, so you could donate on their site. I assume it must be something to do with your location...

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

As for the hotspot thing... there have been several people with this problem, and various threads. I think people found a work around... have a search of the boards, I can't remember how they did it. I personally have never had a problem with it... set it up, add a security key, login from computer, works! You could try freetether once you have installed preware.
    Last edited by Andyf; 10/11/2011 at 02:22 AM.