1.    #1  
    Well my pre - is pretty much done. I'm looking at the pre 3, naturally. Would a straight talk sim work in it?
    Only the SIMM from the Nokia E-71 and one other Nokia phone they offer will work. I do not remember which model other than the E-71.
    I have been waiting to get a new Pre3 now for almost a year to do just what you are asking about. Problem is, now I cannot find a Pre3 with NA Freq. ( AT&T branded )
    APN settings need to be edited which I know nothing about but was hoping there would be someone on the forum that would help me out.
    If you decide to do it Please, Please go to the Straight Talk group on Howard Forums and read all the details. There are some conditions in doing this that MUST be understood.
    i.e. You CANNOT just take the SIMM out of the Nokia phone and then sell the phone on ebay to recoup some of the Nokia's purchase price. Some have tried, those same people have failed.
    If you find a source for an AT&T Pre3 for a REASONABLE price please let me know.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    umm ebay for 175-250 bucks unlocked?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    umm ebay for 175-250 bucks unlocked?
    Hes beating to a different drummer.
    Well, I admit to doing that.
    Actually I am pretty new to all the smart phone/ online stuff. Ebay and Paypal are like Latin to me but I am now in the process of trying to get with the 21st century masses.
    If I bid on ebay and win can I pay with a credit card or do I have to have a PayPl account with enough balance in the account to cover the purchase.
    Sorry for the ignorance folks but I am neither wealthy or savvy to ebay / Paypal.
    Defiinitely willing to give it a go. But, don't want to get off on the wrong foot with ebay by winning a bid and screwing up the payment. LOL
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    now, you can just pay with the credit card. the payment will still be processed through paypal. it may make it easier to setup a paypal account first, but you don't need to transfer funds first or anything like that.

regarding straighttalk, why not just go with H2O instead? it's only $15 more a month for unlimited everything, and you don't have to spend ~$170 on a nokia E71 phone to get it (so it takes more than a year of the savings on straighttalk to recoup what you spend on the E71)
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 10/11/2011 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    now, you can just pay with the credit card. the payment will still be processed through paypal. it may make it easier to setup a paypal account first, but you don't need to transfer funds first or anything like that.

regarding straighttalk, why not just go with H2O instead? it's only $15 more a month for unlimited everything, and you don't have to spend ~$170 on a nokia E71 phone to get it (so it takes more than a year of the savings on straighttalk to recoup what you spend on the E71)
    Thanks for the info on ebay/Paypal
    I hear you on the H20 but I already have the e71 and sctivated it a couple of weeks ago. The phone actually is pretty handy ( of course I am new to smart phones so am probably easily impressed ) but I am guessing it is not very intuitive compared to the Pre3.
    Think if I get a Pre3 I will have difficulty editing the APN?
    If you think I am dense on this stuff now you should have seen me before I started hanging out here almost a year ago. Think tin cans connected with waxed string.