webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Verizon Pre3 Activation
Verizon Pre3 Activation
Like Tree6Likes

Old 10/10/2011, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

I'm curious, for those that have purchased the Verizon branded pre3, did they give you a hard time activating it?

I'm definitely interested in buying one but I don't want to if I won't be able to use it as a phone.
Crakeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2011, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

CAV had one activated no problem according to his post.
eng_razavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2011, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

cool, thanks
Old 10/11/2011, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

so I snagged a pre3, Verizon model. Took it to Verizon to activate and it wouldn't work. For starters, when the phone first booted up, it never asked for the account info for synergy. Not sure if the activation comes first, then synergy, or the other way around but it doesn't matter because they couldn't activate it. The phone is in the Verizon system but it isn't accessible to set up as a usable phone. I was there for an hour and gave up so, anyone who's had success getting the Verizon pre3 activated, please pass along a little voodoo, and tell me how you got it working.

having a phone that I can only hold, is cruel and unusual punishment.
Old 10/11/2011, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Tried redoctoring the phone? It might be in devmode or was set up to be used without a profile by the previous owner.

That, and webOS 2.3.3 supposedly fixes issues people were having with activation so you definitely should doctor to it.
FenrirWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2011, 10:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

just got mine. activated online and then using the phone. no issues whatsoever.
poploser is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by hf199 likes this.
Old 10/11/2011, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

as FenrirWolf says, you should definitely doctor the phone first. I also saw the reports about activation problems that were resolved with the 2.2.3 update, and it could be that your phone is still running 2.2.0. courtesy of webos-internals, here's the link to download your doctor: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...ntaverizon.jar
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 09:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

thanks for the tips.
Old 10/12/2011, 10:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

is there an insalling webos doctor for dummies anywhere? I cannot seem to get past downloading the link provided by johnsonx42
Old 10/12/2011, 10:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

No problems activating here, either. Actually, it didn't work when I tried doing it on the web, but I called and did it over the phone. Could have been operator error on my part.

Can other Verizon Pre 3 owners click the "SIM Services" app and tell me what they get? I had them activate by SIM since I'm going to Ireland tomorrow. They say it is working, but when I click that it says SIM services are not available (which I'm guessing is because I'm here and not in Vodaphone country overseas), but want to be sure.

Thanks.
MikeElmendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 10:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

per the orange slip in the original package, you need to turn Data Roaming "on" to get emails and whatnot but the phone aspect should work once you hit Ireland
Old 10/12/2011, 10:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yes, I did that and it is in Global mode. I just want to be sure the SIM is properly activated and working. The message I get when I click SIM services does not necessarily convince me of that.
MikeElmendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2011, 12:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakeur View Post
is there an insalling webos doctor for dummies anywhere? I cannot seem to get past downloading the link provided by johnsonx42
How To Recover - WebOS Internals
Thanked By: CHIP72
Old 10/12/2011, 12:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

first, thank you for the response. Sadly, I've been there. Here's the problem I'm having. I download the link and there is no launch option for the program. I cannot figure out that aspect of this process.
Old 10/12/2011, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

yes, I'm a buffoon but, in my defense, I did state, up front, how much of a dolt I was.

got it working and the doctor is doing its magic.

thanks for the help folks.

hopefully, once I get this done, I can get the phone activated.
Old 10/15/2011, 03:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

I think i am having the same problem. i am going to plug the phone into the computer and run that doctor thing. im a noob... i hope i can do it... . I called, activated it, and then when i try to make a call, it just says "SCANNING CDMA" and never does anything...

So i PRAY this works.. PRAY..

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
cyph911x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2011, 03:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

OK, so the phone is plugged into the computer, and i am on the "connect your device directly to the comptuer" screen in the doctor.. But the "NEXT" button wont light up... The screen of the phone says "PHONE ACTIVATION" and wants to connect to vzw to activate, even tho the ID has been activated with them.

im getting upset..

ok its running the doctor.. i was just getting upset and didnt want to read.

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.

Last edited by cyph911x; 10/15/2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10/15/2011, 03:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

You need to turn it off all the way, then turn it back on while holding the up volume button to get the Doctor to start
Old 10/15/2011, 03:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YAYAYAYAY whew. i was getting really scared. THANKS EVERYONE I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

Old 10/19/2011, 05:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

HI

I'm having the same problem with my pre 3 on verizon. I tried running the hp webos doctor, and got the following error:
Unable to load resource:
http://palm.cdnetworkds.net/rom/mant...ntaverizon.jar

Geez this is frustrating, a user shouldn't have to go through all this damn trouble to get a phone onto the network.!
tonybaroni is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0