Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrammer910 View Post
    Time for me to come crying to this thread for help.

I've got a Verizon Pre 3 that won't activate. I'm at 2.2.4, but the phone seems stuck in GSM mode. I had to use the GSM code to get to Dev mode, and when I go to preferences in the phone app, I can only set to the network mode to Global or GSM/UMTS. If I select CDMA mode, I get a very generic "Error Switching Network Mode."

When I run quick tests, I get a Modem 1000 error, but I found a few folks while googling who had the error and it was resolved with a simple config.

Can anyone help me? Verizon is being uncooperative.
    Have you tried pulling out the SIM? It's there only for GSM operation--without it, the phone may start scanning for a CDMA network.

Do let us know if stu5797's suggestion works--that one is new to me, but I've also not encountered or heard about a "stuck on GSM" issue before.

Also, be sure to check the "Activated!" link in my signature--once you get past the GSM problem, there may be more answers for you there. In particular, note that it took me multiple 2.2.4 doctors before things finally began to work.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Crakeur View Post
    I'm curious, for those that have purchased the Verizon branded pre3, did they give you a hard time activating it?

I'm definitely interested in buying one but I don't want to if I won't be able to use it as a phone.
    I activated it by myself. No problems for me
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    I need help! I have a Palm Pre 3 and I cannot get it doctored. Can I send it to someone and have you guys doctor it for me so I can use it? I will pay you 20 bucks. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole Jones View Post
    I need help! I have a Palm Pre 3 and I cannot get it doctored. Can I send it to someone and have you guys doctor it for me so I can use it? I will pay you 20 bucks. Thanks!
    What are you trying to do and what issues are you having?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    What are you trying to do and what issues are you having?
    having trouble installing webos doctor on my mac
    Hi All - I just bought an unactivated Verizon Pre 3 and downloaded the doctor to get her to 2.2.4 but when I try to run the doctor, it doesn't recognize that my phone is connected to my pc. When I turned on the phone, I had to select the language, accept the agreement, and now it keeps trying to activate automatically. I haven't started the process with Verizon to activate the phone because I wanted to doctor to 2.2.4 first. Any suggestions on how to get the doctor program to recognize the phone is connected?
    Quote Originally Posted by joroma33 View Post
    Hi All - I just bought an unactivated Verizon Pre 3 and downloaded the doctor to get her to 2.2.4 but when I try to run the doctor, it doesn't recognize that my phone is connected to my pc. When I turned on the phone, I had to select the language, accept the agreement, and now it keeps trying to activate automatically. I haven't started the process with Verizon to activate the phone because I wanted to doctor to 2.2.4 first. Any suggestions on how to get the doctor program to recognize the phone is connected?
    I was able to get it all to work - had forgotten to go into devmode!
    I don't have the ability to call Verizon to make changes to my account. Is it possible to use the information from a different phone to manually activate it, or no matter what you need to involve Verizon?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678