Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    What OS are you on?

You may be able to rename the file, giving it the proper extension, when you download and save it. Otherwise, if you know how to navigate using a terminal or command prompt, go to the directory where the file is then rename the file, giving it the proper extension.
    Nevermind...i figured it out. Thanx tho. So far so good. Restoring account now.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok...now my data wont restore...any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    The progress bar gets just over half way, hangs for a minute and the i get a screen that says "Data Not Restored We Were unable to restore your data. Please wait a few minutes and try again." Have tried several times. Does my original Pre have to be on for the servers to remotely wipe it to allow the Pre3 to use the same account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    Ok...now my data wont restore...any suggestions?
    Oooooh, not good since they recently shut down chat support. Try again is my only advice. When this happened on my Pre 2, chat support had to force a restore from an older backup. Hope it works!
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    The progress bar gets just over half way, hangs for a minute and the i get a screen that says "Data Not Restored We Were unable to restore your data. Please wait a few minutes and try again." Have tried several times. Does my original Pre have to be on for the servers to remotely wipe it to allow the Pre3 to use the same account?
    The way I solved this one was using Impostah, use your Pre and activate your profile on the pre, disable backups, use impostah to reset the profile, but do not reboot, then use impostah on the Pre to activate a new profile, so your pre is on another profile (email address would be needed).

The use the Pre3 to log onto your old Profile as the backups were disabled they should be removed, you will loose your data in the profile (but it will still be on the Pre, backing up to the new profile), the Pre3 will now be allowed to create a new backup profile (blank), then using impostah and other tools one can export and import what they want into the Pre3.

The only other way I was able to do this was take my PrePlus from 1.4.5 (1.4.5.1 was not released yet) to 2.1.0 which converts your profile, then upgrade to webOS 2.2.4 which will upgrade ones profile again...

FYI on my PrePlus once I went to webOS 2.2.4 I could not go back to webOS 2.1.0 without removing backups, I have never tried to go from webOS 2.x to 1.4.5.x but I have read that it can not be done without removing the backups. Also one can use impostah to activate ones profile then restore a previous backup using impostah.

Hope this helps?
    Quote Originally Posted by brainwise View Post
    When last I left you folks, I was off to the Verizon store with my updated Pre 3, ready to finally have it activated. Well ... it's ALIVE! For the last 24 hours, I have had the privilege of using the Pre 3 on my Verizon account and I freaking LOVE it.

Thanks so much for all your help. I'm going to try to write up some of what I had to do so that I can pay-it-forward and help other folks get their devices working.
    Hi there! I just got a Verizon HP Pre 3 today but I can't seem to get it activated either! I know nothing about technical stuff but I love this phone and want to use it so badly! Can anyone help me? (I'm also new to this whole asking a question thing, so I'm not even sure if I've posted in the right place or not.) Any help would be HUGELY appreciated. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by misslissa125 View Post
    Hi there! I just got a Verizon HP Pre 3 today but I can't seem to get it activated either! I know nothing about technical stuff but I love this phone and want to use it so badly! Can anyone help me? (I'm also new to this whole asking a question thing, so I'm not even sure if I've posted in the right place or not.) Any help would be HUGELY appreciated. Thank you!
    What's happening? Where are you running into a problem? Many VZW Pre3's needed to be doctored to 2.2.4 before they would activate. If it's active with VZW, but you can't get past the dial screen, tap the phone icon in the notification area at the bottom of the screen, select Emergency call, use the delete button on the screen or keyboard to remove 911 and enter *228, then dial.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    What's happening? Where are you running into a problem? Many VZW Pre3's needed to be doctored to 2.2.4 before they would activate. If it's active with VZW, but you can't get past the dial screen, tap the phone icon in the notification area at the bottom of the screen, select Emergency call, use the delete button on the screen or keyboard to remove 911 and enter *228, then dial.
    from the emergency dialer dial ##RTN#. once there go down to the bottom and reset the settings. It will ask for verizons MSL number and it is 000000 (six zeros) Once you do this you are ready for activation Let me know if you need anyhng
    Quote Originally Posted by Crakeur View Post
    I'm curious, for those that have purchased the Verizon branded pre3, did they give you a hard time activating it?

I'm definitely interested in buying one but I don't want to if I won't be able to use it as a phone.
    I just had my Pre3 activated with verizon today March23, 2013. No problems. It was a little slow to get done and I believe you want to go to the best trained Verizon Rep in the store. Works great. Love the phone
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Just tell the rep to use the steps and documentation for the Pre 2. Its exactly the same. Hap it running perfectly.
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive:::::. Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3...........Looking forward to going back Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x (iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with). Then the Lumia Icon and the Lumia 735 for work.

Hi,

I have a verizon pre 3 that I have not been able to activate. Was previously used on verizon but I can't get it to activate for me. I have doctored to the latest doctor. I can activate devmode and go into device info and verify that my phone number and everything else is correct but I don't have any signal bars and just get the scanning cdma status. Since I have no bars I cant dial *228 because the call doesn't go through.

Any Ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by meefee View Post
    Hi,

I have a verizon pre 3 that I have not been able to activate. Was previously used on verizon but I can't get it to activate for me. I have doctored to the latest doctor. I can activate devmode and go into device info and verify that my phone number and everything else is correct but I don't have any signal bars and just get the scanning cdma status. Since I have no bars I cant dial *228 because the call doesn't go through.

Any Ideas?
    Hi meefee,

Did anything change after you followed the instructions in post #128?
    Verizon Pre3 Activation

If you have trouble with this, call Verizon and tell them you need help with manual activation, using the same instructions as Pre 2.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by meefee View Post
    Hi,

Any Ideas?
    You may find something helpful in my report on my activation experience--see post 68 in this thread.

Sorry for not responding sooner--I hope that you've already had a successful activation.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    I just bought an HP Pre 3, and have tried following the instructions in this thread but am having no luck.

My first problem is I can't figure out how to get into recovery mode so I can load webOS doctor onto the phone. (I've downloaded webOS doctor 2.2.4 onto my computer.) I've tried powering the phone off and pulling the battery, but that isn't working. How will I know I'm in Recovery Mode?

I'm also having a problem getting past the sky blue screen with the spinning "loop". Additionally, I can't power the phone off when I'm on the blue screen with spinning loop screen unless I do a battery pull. (I decided to let the battery drain so that the phone may be able to be reset more easily.) Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I tried activating the phone, both via the VZW website and by calling VZW tech support prior to trying to install the webOS doctor, or before I got the blue screen with spinning hollow loop.
    Last edited by CHIP72; 05/06/2013 at 09:22 PM.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    Pull tge battery, insert battery, hold down power and vol up at same time

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  16. mdv
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I am about to try to active a Pre 3 with my current Verizon Pre 2 account. Assuming I am successful using steps from this thread, will my Pre 2 automatically be removed from the account and my phone number transferred?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdv View Post
    I am about to try to active a Pre 3 with my current Verizon Pre 2 account. Assuming I am successful using steps from this thread, will my Pre 2 automatically be removed from the account and my phone number transferred?
    That's how it worked for me when I activated my Preł on my Pre+'s Verizon account.

Note that I first followed the steps to ensure that my Pre+ didn't get wiped--I documented that in my post on my activation experience.
    Last edited by bethel95; 07/17/2013 at 09:39 PM.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  18. mdv
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    That's how it worked for me when I activated my Preł on my Pre+'s Verizon account.

Note that I first followed the steps to ensure that my Pre+ didn't get wiped--I documented that in my post on my activation experience.
    Finally got the Pre 3 working with Verizon. Thanks so much for your help Bethel, especially step 8 in your post.

After doctor and your step 8, I had to make a final activation call (*228) to Verizon before I could login to my profile.
    Time for me to come crying to this thread for help.

I've got a Verizon Pre 3 that won't activate. I'm at 2.2.4, but the phone seems stuck in GSM mode. I had to use the GSM code to get to Dev mode, and when I go to preferences in the phone app, I can only set to the network mode to Global or GSM/UMTS. If I select CDMA mode, I get a very generic "Error Switching Network Mode."

When I run quick tests, I get a Modem 1000 error, but I found a few folks while googling who had the error and it was resolved with a simple config.

Can anyone help me? Verizon is being uncooperative.
    Doctor the phone to 2.2.4. Once it reboots go to the emergency dialer and dial ##RTN#. Now, go down to the bottom and reset the settings. It will ask for verizons MSL number and it is 000000 (six zeros) After you do this you are ready to call Verizon for activation. Let me know if you need anything.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast