Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Thinking ahead to the inevitable fact my new Pre 3 will need a replacement battery, I started searching online to pick one up on the cheap. To my surprise and frustration, I could not find any website (including HP's website) that had the batteries for sale. I even started looking at the UK and European websites with no success. My fellow webOS enthusiasts, where shall we get batteries for our Pre 3s??
    Someone posted within the past couple of weeks that Mugen is still planning to come out with a Pre 3 battery.
    According to the HP employee that I got my Pre3 from, he can't even get batteries. There has to be a stockpile somewhere that was ready for release.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    How about touchstones and cases? I see others here are moding their old touchstones. Are there accessories available any where?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    How about touchstones and cases? I see others here are moding their old touchstones. Are there accessories available any where?

My old Touchstones seem to work just fine.
    Batteries are going for around $200 right now on Ebay. There are around 150 of them available. Plus you get a free phone and charger with them.
    something224 likes this.
    Rod from webOS internals said thats how you get batteries lol , buy another phone lol ha ha thats one expevsive battery !!
    ĦṔ-ḶÝōṫ-Ŧḯōη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    A second Pre3 as backup and/or for spares is not such a crazy idea considering that batteries are commonly sold for $40 - $50 and the fact that a Pre3 can be bought for as low as atleast $140, that is what I bought a few at.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    $140? That's a good deal. Unfortunately, none were going for that low of a price when I got mine.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    HP Europe say batteries available later next week.
    Lets wait for Mugen Power Battery!! More capacity!!
    What is there to mod?

Pre3 is sitting on my (unmodified) 2009 Touchstone as I write this.

With my Pre I had to place it right to get charging going. With the Pre3 I just put it in the TS and it starts charging correctly every single time.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by newbostonconst View Post
    Batteries are going for around $200 right now on Ebay. There are around 150 of them available. Plus you get a free phone and charger with them.
    Don't laugh. I'm hoping the prices do go down enough so that I can afford a backup battery -- and a backup phone.

My current touchstones charge my Pre 3 just fine, although the phone does not grip as tightly to the touchstones as my older phones did.

Why would the TS need to be modded?
    Quote Originally Posted by danwendell View Post
    Because it slips from TS because of its own weight, and many of us have TS in cars to, because of turning and braking it slips from TS, I cant say vibrations as mine doesn't vibrate that much
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    A second Pre3 as backup and/or for spares is not such a crazy idea considering that batteries are commonly sold for $40 - $50 and the fact that a Pre3 can be bought for as low as atleast $140, that is what I bought a few at.
    where did you get the $140 Pre3 ? I thought they are around $200- $ 250 range.
    One eBay vendor is selling them for $60 - He has 2 left

EDIT: He now has one left.

here's the link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/320784499031...84.m1497.l2649

EDIT: 10/31 - Hope I helped someone here. He's sold out now.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/31/2011 at 06:14 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    where did you get the $140 Pre3 ? I thought they are around $200- $ 250 range.
    It's ebay. Prices are constantly in flux. I got mine for $185, but I did see a few go not long ago for below that. They do seem to be back up in the $200+ range. Perhaps supply is finally dwindling and the market largely saturated. I think that's still an excellent price for the device, though perhaps not if all you're in it for is a spare battery.

I hold out hope that Mugen puts out their after-market higher capacity battery in the not too distant future.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by danwendell View Post
    I have too many Touchstones to mod them all. Instead I took 2 of the magnets from inside the back of a Pre + Touchstone Back and layered them on top of the top two magnets inside my Pre 3 back under the black lining.

Solved 95% of my Pre 3 issues on touchstones in the car.

I still need to remember to take my foot off the gas over speed bumps. 20 mph over the bigger ones still causes the Pre 3 to become airborne. Otherwise, its solid and doesn't fall off any of them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast