Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    the AT&T model has 16 gigs, supports faux G and has access to the apps, the UK model has 8 gig, only 3g yet costs more than the US model online. why is it that most UK models run from 350-350 dollars online, when the US model only goes from 200-300 tops. apart from the **** att logo you get on the back. isnt the US model, better? unless im missing something. I'm thinking of possibly..... possibly picking up a backup model. trying to figure out which one to get.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    because there are people who aren't American?
  3.    #3  
    and this explains why the UK model is more expensive how?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingka View Post
    and this explains why the UK model is more expensive how?
    It is optimized for the European carriers. The UK model has the 900 mhz bandwidth, which for Europeans, offers better service, than the US/AT&T version would, over there.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    In Australia, AT&T model is only supported by one carrier (Telstra) which is notoriously more expensive than other carriers. UK model bands are supported by the rest plus there is no branding.

I didn't want the AT&T - save for the 16GB
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
  6.    #6  
    thanks guys! that explains everything.
    The UK Pre3 is factory GSM unlocked. The AT&T Pre3 is not factory unlocked, but you can unlock it if you have/buy an unlock code. Also the AT&T Pre3 has some AT&T settings and contacts pre-installed.
    also, the UK model is a real HP product with support and warranty. The AT&T and VZW models officially don't exist, and offer neither support nor warranty. It's a black market product.
    Official warranty support from HP and 900 MHz band would be reason enough if you are in Europe. In US I would (and have) gambled on AT&T version and I have been very happy! Truth be told, I paid much more than I would have to today and I am still happy.
  10.    #10  
    next pre i pick up would be the at&t model. might try using the sugarcube technique to remove the logo from the back. thx again guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    also, the UK model is a real HP product with support and warranty. The AT&T and VZW models officially don't exist, and offer neither support nor warranty. It's a black market product.
    That would explain the 2.2.3 OTA update for the AT&T version, while the Euro Pre3 is still on 2.2.0. After all this is HP we are talking about.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  12.    #12  
    shouldn't the official pre 3 be the one to receive OTA updates?
    just gave up the opportunity to buy Pre3s EU model each for $100 since I use it in US
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre3Fan View Post
    just gave up the opportunity to buy Pre3s EU model each for $100 since I use it in US
    can't you still use the EU model in america?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    The AZERTY model is 170 from HP/Palm Europe which about $270
    shouldn't the official pre 3 be the one to receive OTA updates?
    Exactly. I suppose you did not pick up on the sarcasm in my previous post.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    can't you still use the EU model in america?
    Yes the Pre3 UK model works well on AT&T in the US
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Exactly. I suppose you did not pick up on the sarcasm in my previous post.
    I did at the beginning. then thought back to the first response I received at the beginning of this thread and how it made absolutely no sense. and thought, maybe there was something im missing.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre4 View Post
    Yes the Pre3 UK model works well on AT&T in the US
    I live in canada, and wont be on ATT... I'm assuming "unlocked" GSM means works on all networks. I've always had unlocked phones, just something I never thought about. I just assumed it world work.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    the AT&T model has ... supports faux G ..., the UK model has ... only 3g.
    there is no difference in the state of umts / G3/4/whatever support in the phone. both versions support hspda+ // "4G" (which means HSPDA + HSUPA) - although on different frequenzies.
    Last edited by Shihatsu; 10/11/2011 at 03:12 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast