Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    is there a way to make sprint think that my Verizon pre3 is a sprint pre-?
  2. #2  
    Not really, there is no way to franken pre the phones as the sizes are different so it will not be easy to replace the current internals.
  3. #3  
    Sprint has historically refused to allow other phones on their network. I think it is despicable that we need to have a class action to get a carrier to allow a phone bought not directly from them on their network. Nothing like this is required on GSM carriers and they have never been able to prove that changing this policy will adversely affect their network. Afterall, it is an approved device on another carrier running on the same frequency and has gone through their internal testing.
  4.    #4  
    I know frankenpre is impossible I'm talking about software wise. What if I try to add Esn on sprint.com website?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    I know frankenpre is impossible I'm talking about software wise. What if I try to add Esn on sprint.com website?
    You mean add the phone via MEID number. To the best of my knowledge (as stated earlier) Sprint is notorious for not allowing phones not sold through SPrint from getting activated.

    Even Verizon (the company with the worst record for anti-consumer behavior) has a better tack record for this issue than Sprint.
  6. #6  
    You are welcome to try it though there is no harm is trying or even calling Sprint helpdesk if it doesn't work.
  7. #7  
    GO to your account and then select add/change the device. You can then give the new phone's MEID number to get it added. If it is a known device it will automatically pop up (as in get recognized with pictures of the phone and show links to more help on that device etc.).
  8. Ziplock's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #8  
    I frickin wish
  9. #9  
    Yes. I did some research on a technique call cloning. It is where you take an ESP (say from a pre-) and write it over the another ESN (say your pre3). As long as you leave the first phone off its undetectable, and as long as your not being fraudulent, it legal. :-)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Something224 View Post
    Yes. I did some research on a technique call cloning. It is where you take an ESP (say from a pre-) and write it over the another ESN (say your pre3). As long as you leave the first phone off its undetectable, and as long as your not being fraudulent, it legal. :-)
    How are you not being fraudulent? Since original pre does not require a $10 fee and a Pre 3 would (since it is a newer bigger more powerful phone) I believe this would be illegal.
  11. #11  
    It's going to take a little more than the MEID to get a phone on Sprint. There is a bunch of security information buried on the phone to prevent exactly this kind of thing. You'd have to get all that information copied over for Sprint to accept your phone. And you might get voice working but not data and GPS has its own parameters too.
  12. #12  
    Let's keep it on topic, please. This is not the thread to discuss carrier business practices.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    How are you not being fraudulent? Since original pre does not require a $10 fee and a Pre 3 would (since it is a newer bigger more powerful phone) I believe this would be illegal.
    The $10 is to service a phone with 4g. The pre3 is not.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    It's going to take a little more than the MEID to get a phone on Sprint. There is a bunch of security information buried on the phone to prevent exactly this kind of thing. You'd have to get all that information copied over for Sprint to accept your phone. And you might get voice working but not data and GPS has its own parameters too.
    Cloning would work, it involves more than just the ESN, and there are programs you can buy for around a hundred for this. I know some of sprints cyber security people and they said it would work, so I believe their expertise. (But like I said never have the two phones on at the same time!)
  15. #15  
    Thinking about getting one of those ebay Verizon Pre3's. Is it possible for someone to explain in detailed layman terms exactly how to get a Verizon Pre3 to work on Sprint and what the pro's and con's are in doing this? Much thanks to whomever can answer this for a densehead like myself.
  16. #16  
    won't work on sprint. Sorry.

    and cloning is decidedly illegal:

    http://www.fcc.gov/guides/cell-phone-fraud
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by CAGALUN View Post
    Is it possible for someone to explain in detailed layman terms exactly how to get a Verizon Pre3 to work on Sprint
    You are asking for something that is not possible. Cloning and layman do not go together. You might be able to find an automated tool that does the steps for you but if it doesn't work, you will up a tree as to what isn't working.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    How are you not being fraudulent? Since original pre does not require a $10 fee and a Pre 3 would (since it is a newer bigger more powerful phone) I believe this would be illegal.
    actually the pre does require the $10 fee. The 10 dollar fee isn't just for 4g any more its for "premium data usage" and blankets all smart phones on sprint.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Something224 View Post
    The $10 is to service a phone with 4g. The pre3 is not.
    not true read above post
  20. #20  
    There is no known way (legally or illegally) to make a Verizon Pre 3 work on Sprint.

    If you think you know of something what worked on previous devices, you can be very sure that it doesn't work on the Pre 3, cause people who know all of those previous techniques have already tried them.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions