Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After 14 replacements to the first Pre I bought the day Sprint offered them, I finally decided to take the plunge and bought a Pre 3 from Ebay - Buy it now - $239.95 including shipping.

Feels like a good enough price to me.

The two main reasons are the 32GB TouchPad I'm tickling right now and most importantly, all the GREAT comments on this thread.

Thanks to everybody that took the time to compose interesting and informative thoughts about their experiences with the Pre 3.

5 days till it arrives - waiting, waiting, waiting.....
    I just ordered a 2nd one as a backup for $220 off ebay and may get my wife one shortly. I ported my number from Sprint to H2O for their $60 unlimited plan and I am very satisfied, plus its giving me AT&T's faux-g (h+).

I spoke with Sprint about them doing away with Premier status after 11yrs, so I didn't see any reason for me to remain loyal to them.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I got an original pre the day it was released as well (still have it, although it hasn't been used in a year), and just got my pre 3 2 days ago. The build quality feels exponentially better.
    You'll love it. Just got mine today - compared to me more than 2 year old Pre- it's a giant leap forward.

I'm pleased at how fluid, stable and quick the Pre3 is! As others have said, this is the Pre that should have been released over a year ago.
    Okay....so you guys bought the Pre3 on eBay, correct? I'm not really much up on how this works, but as a Pre owner (and obviously now on Sprint), I would need to move to AT&T, correct? Is it that simple? If I like webOS, but just want to get the better hardware, why would I not do this? Am I missing something here?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Okay....so you guys bought the Pre3 on eBay, correct? I'm not really much up on how this works, but as a Pre owner (and obviously now on Sprint), I would need to move to AT&T, correct? Is it that simple? If I like webOS, but just want to get the better hardware, why would I not do this? Am I missing something here?
    I did buy mine on ebay. I'm going with H2O for their $60 unlimited deal.

and yes, it is that easy!
    you are going to love the pre3

at&t is the only real concern
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    I did buy mine on ebay. I'm going with H2O for their $60 unlimited deal.

and yes, it is that easy!
    So this isn't AT&T? Can you do this because the phones on eBay are unlocked? When ordering one of these on eBay, are there certain Pre3 phones I should watch out for? Thanks for your info on this.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Yep it's that simple, purchase a Pre 3 on ebay and when it arrives, take it to an at&t Corporate Store (only they can give you month to month, no contract) and they will take care of everything. If you don't use more than 2GB of data a month it will only be 5 bucks more a month for 450 minutes/unlimited text/unlimited mobile to mobile than Sprint. There also options with T- mobile and H2O for lower monthly fees but no faux G plus you need a unlocking code. I've had my Pre 3 now for a week and it is a really nice phone, you won't regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Yep it's that simple, purchase a Pre 3 on ebay and when it arrives, take it to an at&t Corporate Store (only they can give you month to month, no contract) and they will take care of everything. If you don't use more than 2GB of data a month it will only be 5 bucks more a month for 450 minutes/unlimited text/unlimited mobile to mobile than Sprint. There also options with T- mobile and H2O for lower monthly fees but no faux G plus you need a unlocking code. I've had my Pre 3 now for a week and it is a really nice phone, you won't regret it.
    Was just looking up info on H20, and don't know much about them. Will look into some AT&T options. But on eBay, are there any specific phones I have to be looking for or all they all they all compatible with AT&T?

isn't H2O only in europe?
    Was just looking up info on H20, and don't know much about them. Will look into some AT&T options. But on eBay, are there any specific phones I have to be looking for or all they all they all compatible with AT&T?
    Yes, if you want 3G/4G, they have the proper radio bands plus 16GB memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Yes, if you want 3G/4G, they have the proper radio bands plus 16GB memory.
    So on eBay I need to get one of the unlocked AT&T phones? Then, just a matter of going down to the local AT&T and getting signed up? Any problems transferring your data/apps from your old Pre to your the Pre 3? I'm getting a little excited about this!

So on eBay I need to get one of the unlocked AT&T phones? Then, just a matter of going down to the local AT&T and getting signed up? Any problems transferring your data/apps from your old Pre to your the Pre 3? I'm getting a little excited about this!
    Everything transfered over from Pre to my Pre 3 fine, only issue was that some of the apps don't carry over from 1.4.5 to 2.2.3
    the pre3 rocks , and remember if you dont get the H+ sign at the top of the phone , you will have to call and give them your imei number off the box you got your phone in to have them provision the phone for the H+ speeds !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If u are going to use it on at&t, i dont think u have to unlock it.
    I have mentioned this in previous posts. You DON'T have to go with AT&T, nor do you have to unlock the phone to get it to work on H2O.

I was with Sprint for 11yrs and ported over my number on Friday. I went into best buy, had the rep pull up H2O website to see the recent plans and what I wanted, as well as call them to activate the port, etc. He had to use an active AT&T SIM Card in order to get service so I could log into my Palm account, which an internet connection is needed. He then removed the card and inserted mine recently purchased H2O card so I could complete my login, etc.

my number port was completed within an hour, you will know after the current phone doesn't work anymore. I have never owned a phone with a SIM Card and didn't know what to expect, so that's why I went to best buy who sells SIM Cards for various carriers like H2O which uses AT&T towers, and other companies like boost mobile and virgin that uses CDMA, like Sprint and Verizon.

I will see how the billing, etc works, but so far, I am very happy with the all around service. I don't care like many here about the speed test, etc. All I know is my Pre 3 is fast, smooth, responsive, feels great and is just SWEET!

I am coming from Sprint paying $99+equipment protection+crazy taxes, so I will see how H20 $60 unlimited treats me long-term. So far so good with this beastly device we all know as the HP pre 3!
    One more thing, before you do the switch copy all of your files from the "downloads", "DCMI", "ringtones" files from your pre onto your computer so you can copy them onto your new Pre 3 after you activate it. Also, put your Pre into "airplane" mode so it won't get wiped when you sign into your Palm account on your new Pre 3 in case you forgot to download something from it.
    Okay....it looks like the Pre 3 phones I see on eBay are mainly unlocked. So that's easy enough, and it appears all are 16GB, correct? So what is the difference between those labeled as AT&T and those that aren't labeled as AT&T?

Okay....it looks like the Pre 3 phones I see on eBay are mainly unlocked. So that's easy enough, and it appears all are 16GB, correct? So what is the difference between those labeled as AT&T and those that aren't labeled as AT&T?
    Don't hold me to this, but I think that you HAVE to buy a AT&T labeled one to get 4G speeds. The unlocked ones are for Europe.

PS: I like your signature. As hard as this may be to believe, George Patton was my great grandfather's cousin.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast