Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by prefectionist View Post
    Don't hold me to this, but I think that you HAVE to buy a AT&T labeled one to get 4G speeds. The unlocked ones are for Europe.

PS: I like your signature. As hard as this may be to believe, George Patton was my great grandfather's cousin.
    That is incorrect. Majority of the phones labelled as AT&T are coming with unlock codes on ebay. Just make sure you get an unlocked one so that you may use it on other carriers. Otherwise you will have to pay $40-50 to get it unlocked. European versions are 8 GB and have 900/1900/2100 bands instead of 850/1900/2100 required for At&T 3G/Faux G.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    That is incorrect. Majority of the phones labelled as AT&T are coming with unlock codes on ebay. Just make sure you get an unlocked one so that you may use it on other carriers. Otherwise you will have to pay $40-50 to get it unlocked. European versions are 8 GB and have 900/1900/2100 bands instead of 850/1900/2100 required for At&T 3G/Faux G.
    I stand corrected. Thanks.
  3.    #23  
    It's HERE!!

Sorry no box opening pics - I got it as I was walking out the door for lunch and opened it then.

The waiters were not at excited as I was - big surprise.

It's just sitting here charging.

Next up; a stop at H2O!

PS
    The wine is because HP drives me to drink!
    I got mine yesterday as well with AT&T H+ running on straight talk for $45 unlimited everything.

Before this I had the original Pre, a sprintified Pre + and then an unlocked Pre 2.

The Pre 2 was the one that offered the best performance, usability and support balance of all 4 versions.
    * The Pre 2 has more available memory so it was better at multitasking. I am tired of the "Too Many Cards" errors even after the Uberkernel with 32MB Compcache.
    * It is arguable that the build quality of the Pre 3 out of the box is not any better than it's predecessors. It rocks a little, but noticeably when using the gesture area with the slider open. It is not clear how well it will hold up given the next point.
    * It is harder to slide the Pre 3 open. I haven't yet figured out a way to slide it open with just one hand without risking breaking it.
    * The Front-facing camera and it's OS level integration of Skype is one of the high points of the Pre 3.
    * However, I would gladly give up the higher resolution for the more reliable operation of the Pre 2 (app support, more memory, easier on handed operation) if there was a guarantee of future OS support, and a front facing camera.

Oh... And I found a fantastic Anti-glare screen cover for less than $10 from ebay. Ships from the UK and mine arrived in 4 days.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Anti glare screen cover for HP Pre 3

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...emvAD=532x1400

Quote Originally Posted by prefectionist View Post
    PS: I like your signature. As hard as this may be to believe, George Patton was my great grandfather's cousin.
    I'm friends with Patton's grandson who lives near me here in SC. I wonder if they would know each other?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbPreCommenter View Post
    I got mine yesterday as well with AT&T H+ running on straight talk for $45 unlimited everything.
    When you say "$45 unlimited everything", what are you referring to? Talk, text, and data?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Yes!!

StraightTalk has a $45 plan which gives Talk, Text & Data* for smartphones.

However, I needed an initial $199 dollar investment for a Nokia E5, which is not an altogether bad phone.

I might end up unlocking and selling the phone.

My understanding is that Straight Talk works with other unlocked & AT&T phones as long as you activate the service with the original StraightTalk GSM smartphone (currently Nokia E71 and Nokia E5).

*Might have a 2GB cap.

yea its what i hopefully plan to do with my pre 3. did you have any problems getting your apn's to stick in the phone menu?
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I'm friends with Patton's grandson who lives near me here in SC. I wonder if they would know each other?
    PM sent so we don't get off topic.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12