Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By alertren
  • 1 Post By circadia
  • 2 Post By jaltman
    Global Posts
    731 Global Posts
    Has anyone found the AT&T boot logo on the pre3 yet? Or for that matter the other boot images? I'd love to customize..... but in all my poking around I haven't found em yet.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Found them at:
    /usr/lib/luna/customization/images/carrier-boot-logo.png
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/1.5/hp-logo-bright.png
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/1.5/hp-logo.png

For the other HP boot logo I think you'd need to run a meta-doctor and change the boot logo in there. That way your custom boot logo would be written in the /boot/boot-images.tar.gz file.

**Edit**
    Sorry, forgot to add the lib directory for the carrier logo. Thanks for point that out.
    Last edited by alertren; 10/09/2011 at 01:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    731 Global Posts
    Great thanks., I found the AT&T logo at /usr/lib/luna etc, but all are now located.

Thanks much.
    Jim Altman
    Quote Originally Posted by alertren View Post
    Found them at:
    /usr/luna/customization/images/carrier-boot-logo.png

For the other HP boot logo I think you'd need to run a meta-doctor and change the boot logo in there. That way your custom boot logo would be written in the /boot/boot-images.tar.gz file.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. Logo disabled for faster boot.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Now for the Preware patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by alertren View Post
    Found them at:
    /usr/luna/customization/images/carrier-boot-logo.png

For the life of me, I cannot find the carrier-boot-logo.png file on my ATT Pre 3.

Using Internalz Pro (Master mode is on), at the root directory, one I select "usr", there is no "luna" subdirectory...

Can you double check this location and verify the exact path to this file from the root?

Thanks!
    Last edited by LCGuy; 10/09/2011 at 07:29 AM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    For the life of me, I cannot find the carrier-boot-logo.png file on my ATT Pre 3.

Using Internalz Pro (Master mode is on), at the root directory, one I select "usr", there is no "luna" subdirectory...
    I couldn't either until I looked in "lib". Look in:

/usr/lib/luna/customization/images/ where you'll find "carrier-boot-logo.png".

Either earlier posters accidentally left out the "lib" or it's different on different Pre 3s. Either way, it's definitely better without!
    LCGuy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    I couldn't either until I looked in "lib". Look in:

/usr/lib/luna/customization/images/ where you'll find "carrier-boot-logo.png".

Either earlier posters accidentally left out the "lib" or it's different on different Pre 3s. Either way, it's definitely better without!
    Thankyou!

I just replaced the AT splash page with my own personalized one, with the same name.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    731 Global Posts
    I put the webosos logo in, in place of the at&t. I wasn't concerned about the boot time, I just wanted to remove the death star. btw, I pointed out the /usr/lib/luna correction in the 2d reply above.
    Jim Altman
    Global Posts
    731 Global Posts
    Here is a couple boot logos, rename to the names indicated in the 2d post and drop into the directory, also as indicated in the 2d post, using Internalz in master mode. I am not very good at doctoring pictures so you note the 3 moves slightly and doesn't have the blue haze, if you are better at photo editing than I -feel free.

These images were originally posted by someone else as substitue logos for the orginal pre. I added the "3". I claim no originality.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jaltman; 10/09/2011 at 01:47 PM.
    Jim Altman
    I couldn't find the carrier-boot-logo.png in my EU(UK) Pre3 (understandably), but found the other two.
    Found two more as well:
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/1.5/palm-logo-blue.png
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/1.5/palm-logo-orange.png

Though the names say 'Palm', the images are still variants of the HP logo.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Thanks for the instructions! I made this Palm WebOS png to replace my AT&T carrier logo. There may be better ones out there, but I got tried of looking! Enjoy.

Oh, anyone know if I need to revert to the original file before an OTA update??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marysm; 10/09/2011 at 01:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    731 Global Posts
    I replaced the bright file above with one that has the "3" in the same place as the other so it doesn't move.
    Jim Altman
    Moderators:

Can yiou make this a sticky, please?