1.    #1  
    I posted a similar question in a thread about NDrive, but I wanted to open this up a little to a wider audience. Here's my question:

When you purchase apps for your WebOS device, Palm (ugh.. HP) keeps track of what you've purchased, in the case that something happens and you need to wipe your device and reload your apps.

This has worked flawlessly for me on multiple occasions over the years.

But what happens if you switch to a new device? For instance, I have a Pre2 now - but would like to move everything over to my new Pre3. I'm going to guess that there will be quite a few apps that I've already purchased that won't automatically "transfer over" because they're not listed in the app catalog as being compatible with the Pre3, right?

If that's in fact true, does Palm still keep those apps in my Profile as purchased apps? And if the developer of those apps updates the app to be compatible with the Pre3, will they later be automatically downloaded? Or is there a way to manually download them? Or will I need to purchase them again later?

And is there a way to "login" to my profile to see what apps I've paid for? (So I don't need to write them all down to go searching for them in the catalog later?)

Thoughts?

Many thanks,

Ryan
    they stay in your profile. I can switch between my pre3, pre2, pre plus. If something doesn't automatically install, I can install from the catalog at no charge.
    That is not ALWAYS true. When I first signed into my Palm/HP profile on my Touchpad, all the apps listed as Touchpad compatible installed automatically, EXCEPT for Need for Speed Underground. Going to the App Catalog only asks me for another $9.99 before I can download it again on TP. I have called HP's WebOS Butler Service repeatedly about this, as well as EA (the developer of the game), in addition to numerous emails. I still have yet to have this issue resolved, after owning my Touchpad for several months now.
    Just got my dev. $150 32gb touchpad,
    Is there a place online,using pc or browser to view my purchased apps for my profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by Escapingjavert View Post
    That is not ALWAYS true. When I first signed into my Palm/HP profile on my Touchpad, all the apps listed as Touchpad compatible installed automatically, EXCEPT for Need for Speed Underground. Going to the App Catalog only asks me for another $9.99 before I can download it again on TP. I have called HP's WebOS Butler Service repeatedly about this, as well as EA (the developer of the game), in addition to numerous emails. I still have yet to have this issue resolved, after owning my Touchpad for several months now.
    That is because the app developer, I believe EA, has this app listed as separate for Touchpad and phone. This is not an HP issue; others have posted similar situations in other threads.

For example, KalemSoft Media Player costs $6.99 in the App Catalog for phones. When the TP version was released, under the same name, users who had previously purchased the phone version had to pay again because the tablet version is separate.

HP allows developers the option to bundle their app and make one version compatible for all webOS devices and accessible via one purchase.

If you have an issue with this it is the developer you need to contact.
    I am, therefore I think