Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Visited the HP store this afternoon, they sold out all AT&T version pre 3.
    They start selling some EU version pre 3 for higher price (still not that bad)
    and HP employees only.

So the question is - whoever bought the pre3 (at&t), if there is a problem
    with the phone, does HP still provide warranty? Any technical support?
    Don't tell me buy couple phones as backup. :-)
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I wonder if this means that prices are going to start to creep back up again????

Oh, and pretty sure you are on your own for warranty coverage; I don't think HP does HP Care for unreleased products. I am glad I got my 2 (inc backup) already.
    If HP sold them directly, they should honor the warranty at least, and give the 1 year support on WebOS. I got mine on ebay yesterday, just after reviewing the bug list.
    To be honest I didnt know they were selling the ATT one anywhere to begin with.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    brum likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eng_razavi View Post
    and HP employees only.

Ans: Difficult to provide warranty when they are no longer producing them. So I think it'd be wise to buy one extra as backup.

Q1. What prices were the AT&T going for?

Q2. How much more for the EU?

Q3. Did you ask about the Verizon model? At least just to get a feel for how many were released relative to the others?
    - Greg

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
    Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!
    In many (all?) countries HP won't have a choice.

HP can choose to provide any period of voluntary warranty.
    But in (for example) Germany they have to provide legal warranty for 6-24 months (the first 6 months burden of proof is on manufacturer, the rest until 2 years the burden of proof is on the customer). I assume there are similar laws at least in FR and UK.

I just sent in my Pre- a few days before the 2 years ran out (touchscreen started misfiring right after I got my Pre3 - weird )
    Last edited by tholap; 10/08/2011 at 11:36 AM.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    kar1179 likes this.
    They sold them direct in the stores??? I thought it was internal HP only.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I believe they were referring to the store at Palm/HP HQ in Sunnyvale.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    The Pre3 was being sold in the HP/Palm store and only to HP employees. An employee could buy up to twelve Pre3's @ $75 a piece with unlock codes. In my mind this was making eBay resellers out of the employees and one heck of a cheap distribution channel too.
    were any verizon pre3s being sold???
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Ebay is your friend, Verizon seeker.
  12.    #12  
    the store at HP HQ/sunnyvale will be closed Mid of Oct. As far as I know, they
    don't have any VZW for sale - strange, maybe due to NO agreement between HP
    and VZW ?

I heard they will destroy ALL remaining phones after store being closed. :-(
    someone get those vzw pre3s before they are destroyed--ridiculous when there is a market for them at a reasonable price.
    I'm getting weary of HP and their lack of good strategy.

Surprising news for me that ATT Pre3s are sold out.. I am sad.. I was trying to get few of them, my HP friends are lazy to go to the ground floor and stand in the line...

How are the EU Pre3s compared to ATT (when both are unlocked) is it worth to buy EU Pre3s in USA?

Also even surprising to me that they are closing the Store in MID of Oct.. (in a couple of working days from today) and destroying all the remaining items? Fools are HP folks...

I will sit on the top of my HP employee friend head on Monday and see if I can find something to buy..

OP: Whats the price of EU Pre 3?

Thanks in advance...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excimer View Post
    Ebay is your friend, Verizon seeker.
    No one wanting me to pay 700-1000 for one is my friend. Still waiting on the prices to drop
    paul-c and treodoc755 like this.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre3Fan View Post
    Surprising news for me that ATT Pre3s are sold out.. I am sad.. I was trying to get few of them, my HP friends are lazy to go to the ground floor and stand in the line...

How are the EU Pre3s compared to ATT (when both are unlocked) is it worth to buy EU Pre3s in USA?

Also even surprising to me that they are closing the Store in MID of Oct.. (in a couple of working days from today) and destroying all the remaining items? Fools are HP folks...

I will sit on the top of my HP employee friend head on Monday and see if I can find something to buy..

OP: Whats the price of EU Pre 3?

Thanks in advance...
    $110
    Quote Originally Posted by eng_razavi View Post
    and HP employees only.

OP your first post time stamp shows that you have visited on Oct 8th afternoon the store... could you please let me know if I can buy some ATT or unlocked Pre3s on Monday by a HP Employee? OR they have told the Employees that all ATT Pre3s are sold by Friday (7th October) noon itself?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Though the term "friend" may be a bit of an exaggeration, getting something that is rare as hens teeth and may become even rarer if the store is to close (please note that almost all ebay Verizon pre 3's seem to come from the same general geography though I did see one from Princeton, NJ) may allow one to think of ebay as a friendly. I still think that waiting for the Verizon price to come down and especially if the HP/Palm store is to close may be barking up the wrong tree. It appears the price is going up and that they (Verizon pre 3's) are getting rarer. Just sayin'
    I thought there were like 50k-75k of the ATT pre3s in an Indiana warehouse or something... If the HP employees are buying the physical stock from the Sunnyvale corporate store, does that mean they shipped the warehouse Pre3s to Sunnyvale? Or Sunnyvale had its limited stock and they sold out of those?

I have a hard time believing 50000 ATT Pre 3s are all gone. I mean, how many die hards own it on P|C? Not even close.
    laoh: If there are 50K units with Sunnyvale store, why do they limit the number of Pre3s to be sold to each employee to 12? if they want to sell them off all and close the store by Oct mid, they should sell them as many as each employee (or even they have to open for the public to buy them too) so that they can close the store even before.

I am little concerned to believe that the HP is closing the store by Oct mid.. lets see...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast