Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm experiencing a huge problem with my Pre 3.

I bought a new Pre 3 (german QWERTZ) to which I put the sim card that was in the "old" one (a french AZERTY). I logged into my account with the german Pre 3 and then I turned on the french one. After turning it on, the phone showed that it wasn't connected to any account and that I had to reboot. I rebooted but the phone and it got stuck with the HP boot logo...

I doctored it two times, but everytime I try to turn it on, it just displays the HP logo...

Should I throw the phone away??? I hope not!!!

Any help??? Thanks!!!!
    Is the HP logo glowing bright and dim?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3.    #3  
    nope, actually not. it just displays a fixed logo...without glowing...
    Was about to suggest doctoring, but it seems like that's not the case.

Did the doctor actually complete successfully though? Somehow looks like the bootloader is messed up.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

5.    #5  
    yeah, the doctor completed successfully! that's why I really don't understand why I'm having those troubles...should I try a third time with the doctor???

...no idea...
    I had a similar problem (the phone would boot into the ATT welcome screen and then kick back to the pulsing HP logo). Doctoring and then signing into a new Palm Profile did the trick for me.

Then go and address your old Profile issue with Palm, and eventually you'll get your old profile back.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
  7.    #7  
    the fact is that, even after doctoring, I'm not able to reboot and sign into a new profile. It just keeps on showing the HP logo!!!
  8.    #8  
    ...I'm doctoring the phone for the 3rd time from another USB port. Hopefully I managed to get it working!!!
  9.    #9  
    ...NOTHING. any help????
    Crazy idea... but try putting your SIM back in?

11.    #11  
    Tried it! Doesn't help unfortunately...

This thing is getting crazy, any other idea to help me? I don't wanna send it back to HP...I'm afraid I won't get it back! :-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  12.    #12  
    no idea at all??
    try downloading doctor again. Itcould be corrupted
    Hi,

I did the same thing, unfortunately. Currently did not try yet to doctor it (will wait till tomorrow).

Mine is booting until it reaches the "glowing" HP logo... but not beyond.

Really HP should at least put some high warning about this OR prevent a second phone to ba attached to the account if it has not been erased first, or things like that.

Abies, did you managed to recover or did you run away from WebOS.

Thanks,

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    I am having the same issue. I am $#$%ing the day I decided to boot my pre plus ( I had put my pre 3 in airport mode) and I did turn off the Pre plus after I checked it but then PRe 3 decided it wasn't logged into my palm profile anymore and went into a boot loop. I finally was able to doctor it today and I have been stuck at the hP boot logo (non glowing) for the past hour and a half.
    By chance did any one try removing the battery and leaving it out for a couple of minutes? Sometimes on my Pre I would have to this one or more times.
    Hi,

In my case, I called HP support and the diagnostic was to send the Pre3 back for maintenance. I have done this and it now works well.

Charly
    Palm TC, T3, T5, TX, Treo680, Centro and HP Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    By chance did any one try removing the battery and leaving it out for a couple of minutes? Sometimes on my Pre I would have to this one or more times.
    I have and that did not help. Doctoring it the third time. It was stuck on boot after I had resynced everything and rebooted to get rid of the too many cards error. This is the 2nd time this has happened. IS there a problem with the doctor itself?
    Doctored it again and after setting it up it is again stuck at boot. I see a non-glowing hp icon and it has been on that for hours.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I don't know whethrer my case is worst or better: aftervshowing the hp logo, it went to the usb logo.. Doctoring 3 times still to no avail.. Any work-around to this? Does it mean I bricked my pre3?? Help!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast